Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering putting Heritage bars on my 2010. I was telling my friend how easy it is to swap the bars and he reminded that I now have to contend with the fly-by-wire throttle. I've changed my grips but I have no idea how the unit is wired through the bars. I'm told the FBY units can be temperamental. Any advise?

Also, I would appreciate a photo of a Road Glide with Heritage bars if anyone has one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Maybe you can hit up neano62

BDMastiff, NEANO62 helped me out with mine by providing the Yaffee step by step directions on the bar change out. BIG help. You shouldn't have to suffer nearly the amount of pain as changing to PYO bars. The heritage bars don't have the 90 degree bends. TBW shouldn't give you too much of a problem, but there is a cannnon plug that my give you a little grief when you pull them through.
I believe I have the directions on my computer at home. I can send those to you later this evening. Can't do it from work.

Rowdy

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the help. I'm not always the best mechanic but I can usually muddle my way through most jobs. It may take an extra couple of hours but somehow I manage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The TBW was pretty easy, but you have to be careful with it...I put Heritage bars on mine...I'm looking at those Monkey bars now, though.....look nice.

Here's a pic:

Here is the stock set up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts