Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your help. I'm looking for a good intercom headsets for my wife and I for intercom, Bluetooth, and stereo.
Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Sena SMH 10, I've had mine just over 1-1/2 years and have been very happy with it, worked great on the trip to SWIII and many other times.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
135 Posts
We bought a Scala Rider team set and the jury is still out.. At first it worked as advertised although sometimes rediculous to pair up. But as our trip progressed, each day we got less and less talk time. Hoping it's a defective unit. I liked the set enough to send it back for an exhange and will try it again. Sorry not much help.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I bought mine at cyclebot also.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Got the Cardo Q3 TeamSet from Revzilla and am extremely pleased all around!!!

The sound quality of the Bluetooth with the I-5 is so good that I haven't felt the need to plug into the headphone jack yet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Headset

My 2012 ultra has the two places to plug into, one on the tank and the one for my wife. Do I just need a special headset that plugs into those two ports? I'm new to this intercom stuff. Our bike is set up with CB,Lifetime XM Radio, intercom. Were just looking for something that we can talk back and forth and listen to music. Thanks!

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
My 2012 ultra has the two places to plug into, one on the tank and the one for my wife. Do I just need a special headset that plugs into those two ports? I'm new to this intercom stuff. Our bike is set up with CB,Lifetime XM Radio, intercom. Were just looking for something that we can talk back and forth and listen to music. Thanks!
Your Ultra should have come with one headset like in the attached link, at least mine did. There may be a member looking to get rid of some. Might try looking in the for sale section.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/boom!-full-helmet-music---communications-headset

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Sena SMH10 here. Very happy. had 4 headsets communicating all at once on SW3.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
As far as I know the HD headsets are the only way to listen to the factory radio along with the CB, etc. I have heard that you can attach a Bluetooth Dongle to the HD radio to work with the aftermarket headsets such as Sena but I have never tried it personally. Maybe J&M??

I did not like being tethered to the bike and prefer to listen to music using earbuds versus the in helmet speakers that come with the factory headsets ( or the Sena in helmet speakers for that matter). Much better sound quality IMO. With the Sena units paired with a good set of Earbuds like Westone 1 or similar
Quality the improved sound quality is worth the extra $. The only downfall is not being able to use the CB but for me that's a on issue.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts