Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 RGS. I want to lower the bike. I feel like when coming to a stop it will help me be more stable putting my feet down. I have no clue about where to start with this. Is the factory suspension adjustable for height? Do I install front and back components? TIA

·
Registered
545 Posts
Lower seat is another option... I’m 5’7” and put a Mustang lower seat and I’m very happy. If you lower the bike you lost lean angle. JMO

·
Registered
121 Posts
^^^^^ This ^^^^ You can also modify your stock seat by narrowing the the tank end to allow your legs to drop straighter toward the ground. If you have an automotive upholstery shop or custom seat builder in your area, check them out. I have done this with most of my bikes. I'm also 5"7''. The RGS suspension is already pretty low. Lowering it further IMO would be a last resort.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I will never lower a bike again. As already said above I would modify the seat. I am 5’5” and have stock suspension on my 17. I did however send my stock seat to Mean City Cycles for the super narrow mod. I also run a Drag Specialties seat thats a bit lower than stock.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Make sure you roll up off your butt when you come to a stop. That gives you the longest reach to the ground. I have the low tour solo with pillion mounted on my Special and with my 32" inseam I can put my legs out in a wide triangle when I roll up off the seat.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I’ve run every bike I’ve owned lowered and with a lowered seat. My 12 and 17 glides were both lowered 2” in the front with progressive monotubes and the rear of my 12 i ran 1” lowering Blocks until i eventually switched to air ride. I’m getting ready to do air on my 17 otherwise I’d run Blocks as well. The stock seat and suspension set up sucks. I felt like i was sitting on phone books on top of a dirt bike i sat so high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Willy b what brand air suspension are you looking into because I was really looking into that as well. I just worry being on a long ride and something going wrong with the air suspension then what?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Willy b what brand air suspension are you looking into because I was really looking into that as well. I just worry being on a long ride and something going wrong with the air suspension then what?

Im going to use airfx shocks that i took off of my 12 before selling. Best air shocks I’ve ever used and I’ve tried almost every company out there. You pay for it though, the shocks are expensive as hell but well well worth it in my opinion. As far as something going wrong on a long ride it’s a crap shoot. I try to keep my systems simple, meaning no air tanks or pressure switches and all that stuff. I keep a push to connect tee with a schrader valve on it in case of failure. I can throw the tee in any line on the bike and stop by any gas station to fill it up. Also keep extra air line in case needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts