Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just need some basic advise. I have a 18RGS I am updating audio with bag lids & faring speakers.

I intend to use diamond 4v2 amp & hertz components.

Dose everyone guyst order the wire kits ? And do you all use a DSR ?

Also I see some guys use the rear channel and some dont?

Thanks .

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
IMHO the Diamond Micro4v2 is under powered to drive high quality front and rear 4ohm component speakers. It's a great AMP for bridging though.

Since you're spending a good bit of coin on Hertz component speakers, you might consider upgrading the AMP to the Arc Audio Moto 600.4.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know there are a lot of fans of the Arc Moto 600.4 I am not one of them. I agree you need more power for that setup, but i would choose a different amp than the Arc. Something like a Focal FDP Sport, or Soundigital 1200.4 or even 2 micro amps like the Diamond Micro or Ground Zero GZRA Micro 4. Another option would be a Massive BLX 48.

If you are using the stock HU than you would see a benefit of a DSP, especially if you use the Soundigital or a Biketronics amp. If you don't you will need a BT 355 line leveler.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As was stated the 4V2 is underpowered in 4 channel mode so you'll want something different.

What exactly do you mean by "hertz components"? That will drive amp recommendations.

You can use a DSR1 any time with the stock head unit but it's kind of overkill for a 4 speaker system.

You can have the flash done to activate the rear channel and use 2 line levelers or just use RCA Y connectors and get away with 1 line leveler. I've done it both ways and prefer the Y connectors just because it's cheaper. My dealer does the ultra flash for free so I still have fade if needed.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I know there are a lot of fans of the Arc Moto 600.4 I am not one of them. I agree you need more power for that setup, but i would choose a different amp than the Arc. Something like a Focal FDP Sport, or Soundigital 1200.4 or even 2 micro amps like the Diamond Micro or Ground Zero GZRA Micro 4. Another option would be a Massive BLX 48.

If you are using the stock HU than you would see a benefit of a DSP, especially if you use the Soundigital or a Biketronics amp. If you don't you will need a BT 355 line leveler.
Agree on your alternate AMP recommendations. Everything suggested are solid performers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts