Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooo,
I have updated my cam tensioners to the '07 up type and installed Andrews 26N cams on my 04 RG, Reinhart true duals and AC. Otherwise motor is stock. Knowing I will need to throw more fuel in there I bought a Daytona Twin Tech 16100 fuel tuner, still in the box.
I have since been told that maybe that isn't the best choice, since it doesn't use 02 sensors and therefore no feedback.
So there is a DTT WEGO iiid for sale cheap, with 02 sensors, that I will need to weld in bungs for. Is it worth the effort? Bike is used for touring, just dragging my fat ass around. Looking for reliability first and foremost.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Does your bike have Fuel Injection or is it Carburetor bike?

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
A tuner with O2 sensors would be a better option IMO but it would cost more. On your 04 bike a tuner that controls the injector flow would be a good alternative and the a good dyno tune to adjust the timing. A tuner that doesn't utilize O2 sensors will just adjust the air/fuel ratio but the biggest issue with installing new cams is the timing and with the computer that's in the 04 the best way to adjust the timing is by doing a dyno. Keep in mind that the 04 computer is a dinosaur and it just doesn't have the capabilities that the new computers have. JMO

·
Registered
973 Posts
I ran those cams in my carbed 02. Timing wasn't an issue, but the fuel supply had to be fattened up a bit. Two different animals I know, but the concept should be the same.

Lil Chief

1 - 6 of 6 Posts