Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look and performance of this pipe, but concerned it will be too loud.

It sounds nice at idle from the youtube clips, but I really want to know How loud it gets when you wind up the throttle?

How does it compare to other popular pipes in volume?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I don't have the Dragula, I have the SCS 2-1 and this exhaust rocks. It's not bad at all when cruising, and when you twist the throttle it sounds awesome.

Rowdy

·
Registered
440 Posts
Call Frank and talk with him. He is more then happy to discuss your concerns and questions about his product.
I called and told him what I wanted, a quiet exhaust first, and second, one that lowered the temperatures. He told me what baffles would be the quietest and also advised on a PV map.
My bike is little louder then stock, but a nice burble, and a little sound on full throttle. I am happy.
Plus 1 on a little extra performance too.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
The pipe was alright but I sold mine. The rear header pipe hit my right leg and would burn my right leg when I stopped and put my right foot down. The rear header pipe also would hit my right leg when deploying the jiffy stand.
I have a 30 inch inseam so someone with longer legs may not have that problem.
The sound was OK but my V&H true duals sound better IMO.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have a Dragula on a stage 2 Road Glide Ultra. My bike makes 96 hp and 105 ft/lb torque when I dyno'd it at HP shootout. This with a Thundermax tuner (no dyno tune.)
The pipe speaks with great authority when you hit it but is relatively laid back when you are cruising. I got one of the very first Dragulas Frank sold and the pipe still looks like new. No discoloration, no rust.:)

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I have one also, with a 107, cams and TMax. I wouldn't call it loud, but it let's others know you're there, if you blip the throttle it grabs attention.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback guys, sounds like this pipe is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm going to go with the smallest baffle which will hopefully help keep the decibels down.

·
Registered
380 Posts
This is my first time running a Dragula and I don't think it's loud. It's not loud at idle but you can tell you on it when you throw the throttle. I have a 120r and I'm running a 3" baffle. It really depends on the size of the baffle. That thing sounds good to me. No ear ringing or any of that jazz.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
It does make a nice bark when you get on it. It's louder than previous setups I have had, but not too loud.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like the baffle size determines the volume?

I just read that Dragos has developed a new version of the Dragula 2-1 pipe. Anyone seen / heard the new "version 2" pipe ?

Thanks

·
Registered
767 Posts
Glad you're gonna go with it, just an awesome pipe. Like others have said, mellow when cruising but will bark when you want it to and the decal growl is awesome. Fit, finish, and quality is first class and top notch customer service from Frank. You can't go wrong with his pipe.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Dragula 2:1 with 2.30 baffle. Runs great and is quiet. My neighbors don't know when I come home late. My buddies know when I blow by them by just twisting the wick a little! I've had Sampson, V&H, D&D and Rineharts. These are the best, period.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have the Dragula with the the 2.55 baffle. My bike is a 2011 FLTRX with a 103. I have a SE Heavy Breather intake and Frank's 565 cams. With my setup the bike is rumbly at idle and get's louder as you roll on the throttle. At hi way speeds it's not loud unless you are getting on it. I'm certain a lot of the noise is coming from the intake and that is right in front of your right leg. You can definitely hear the intake when you roll it on.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well I have the dragula with the 2.55 baffle, 103, heavy breather and a t-max. It is noticeable cruising then when you crank the throttle it wakes right up. The wife never complains about it being to loud. I say get it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts