Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased the 'Flash2Pass' setup for the garage door opener. It's turned out to be quite a pain in the tail. Good thing I also bought new speakers and hidden antenna or i'd be really pissed.......

Had tons of trouble getting the transmitter to work. That is finally done. I went to install the part that goes on the bike and the instructions suck. I need to connect to presumably one positive and one negative wire on the headlight. It appears that both headlights are hi/low on the road glides. I believed the wires i needed to connect to were the black and the tan wires. I tried doing so and it's not working.

Has anybody installed one of these and can tell me which wires to connect to and if it matters if it's the left or right headlight. I know there are other solutions such as hooking into the accessory switch under the seat (yes, i used the search feature before posting). I can call their customer service in the morning but hoping somebody can answer before then.

UPDATE: Disregard, I figured it out....I was laying in bed at 4am and it occurred to me that during the hassles with the transmitter install I had erased the codes that are necessary to link them. Sure enough that was the problem. It's working good now (well, sitting in the garage anyway). Just have to button everything back up tomorrow.

For anybody else that may have this same issue, it is the tan and black wires, at least that worked for me!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sharkbite--have installed 4-5 of these and love them. Wish I had seen this sooner cause there is a link on the [email protected] web site that has the wire colors for many different bikes and I would call it(and [email protected] states also) white and black but I can't tell some colors anyway. Once you start using it you will wonder how you lived without it.

mike

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sharkbite--have installed 4-5 of these and love them. Wish I had seen this sooner cause there is a link on the [email protected] web site that has the wire colors for many different bikes and I would call it(and [email protected] states also) white and black but I can't tell some colors anyway. Once you start using it you will wonder how you lived without it.

mike
Amazing that 6 years later and 4 road glides later, I can still refer to this post when trying to figure out which 2 of the 4 wires to connect to. Yea, it aint rocket science, white and black :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Amazing that 6 years later and 4 road glides later, I can still refer to this post when trying to figure out which 2 of the 4 wires to connect to. Yea, it aint rocket science, white and black :)

Can someone get my number to the mediator of this post. I have crap tons of repair manuals I’d like to get on here for everyone’s enjoyment/confusion. I’d like to help everyone out.

870-495-0143

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Unless it’s black and tan as stated in your original post? lol...I only mess with the most simple of electrical stuff, you know, plug and play, checking continuity, chasing a bad ground, checking voltage. Enlighten those of us who don’t know, what is this [email protected] website mikeshog is talking about? The part of my manual that hardly ever gets used is the colorful spaghetti looking diagrams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts