Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone, new member checking in from NE seeking some assistance with selecting an exhaust system. I'm currently looking at either Bassani megaphones and power curve true duals or V&H power duals with the monster oval mufflers. I have an S&S stealth intake
that I will install with the exhaust. Any information and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Don't buy an exhaust setup from other peoples suggestions, buy what you like the sound of the best! Either go to local cruise nights to hear different setups or Youtube.com to get an idea of they sound like. Either pipes will give you a much more please sound than what the factory pipes put out, but again buy what you like the most! :)

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
Many people run the V&H power duals and they like them. The muffler have everything to do with how loud the bike is and the tone of the exhaust.
Keep in mind that the louder the exhaust the more annoying it is on long rides and a loud exhaust also makes it harder to hear the sound system.
I use the V&H Monster Rounds and I am very happy with the sound.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I have installed several Fuel Moto 2/1/2 jackpot head pipes and they are nice, can use factory heat shields, I have used several slip-ons, the loudest I ran was CFR'S but tuning them is harder, you loose a little low end torgue, and the drone on long rides did anoying, ran Rinehart Racing and they sounded nice and tuned well, and also used Fuel Moto Jackpot slip-on's they have a nice tone, and when on the throttle get a nice rumble, and they did tune real nice also. Depends what you are looking for, listen to different bikes before you make your decision. You also will need to do a tune after changing exhaust and AC

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have installed several Fuel Moto 2/1/2 jackpot head pipes and they are nice, can use factory heat shields, I have used several slip-ons, the loudest I ran was CFR'S but tuning them is harder, you loose a little low end torgue, and the drone on long rides did anoying, ran Rinehart Racing and they sounded nice and tuned well, and also used Fuel Moto Jackpot slip-on's they have a nice tone, and when on the throttle get a nice rumble, and they did tune real nice also. Depends what you are looking for, listen to different bikes before you make your decision. You also will need to do a tune after changing exhaust and AC
I would agree with you. My favorite exhaust I had was Rhinehardt slip-ons with the fuel moto jackpot 2/1/2 headpipe. It was a little quieter than I would have liked when you got on it hard but where you cruise at from 2-3k it was just right and made long trips much more enjoyable than the D&D 2 into 1 I had was.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
+1 , I agree go to bike night or youtube, plenty of big companies have videos posted, my favorite were also the 4 inch Rinehart, which got trashed last month in an accident, I am waiting on a new set of MGS slip ons in a few days, I will post a review soon.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had a set of Bassani 3.5" slip ons on my '12 FLHX that was totalled in May, really was pretty happy with the sound. When I bought my RG (thank you insurance), I initially wanted to go with Rush 3.5" slip ons becuase of the interchangeable baffles, but they were back ordered for 2 months. So I ordered a set of the same Bassanis that were on the FLHX. Still like them, and will get to know here soon what they REALLY sound like. I ordered the Jackpot 2-1-2 in stainless this morning. That should wake them up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses, after listening to some youtube clips I am leaning towards the Bassani. I like the sound and they are different than the exhaust most people I ride with use. For those who have experience with their head pipes, will the boss feel a lot of heat on the left side?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
i have pretty much always ran Rinehart, so that was my first choice when selecting an exhaust for my 2010. I purchased the new then, Rinehart Racing 2-1. My header cracked and they replaced it. my buddy also used to run Rineharts, but on his last 2 bikes he runs fullsac headers(that use the factory dual heat shields, with RCX slip ons. They sound great. i like 2-1 exhaust best for performance reasons, and my next exhaust will be the new Dragos 2-1. good luck in your decision.
Dragos offers a 10 yr warranty on his headpipes, which is the best warranty i know of on any exhaust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm leaning towards the megaphones. Will they be so loud that I won't be able to hear my tunes? While I love the Harley sound, I would like to have my cake and eat it to with be able to let the music play.

Thanks again for offering up info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Definitely check warranty i had rinehart exhauston my 2003 and was told by the sales mgr rep at sturgis that you only had a 90 day warranty on them,the new ones carry a 180 warranty.i then proceeded to tell him what I thought of that b/s statement and of the rinehart exhaust systems!

·
Registered
440 Posts
So many choices, so many opinions. I had my dealer change exhaust before I picked up my new '13 RGC. Went with Rinehart Classic Tru Duals & 4" Rinehart mufflers. Couldn't be happier. Nice rumble at idle & low speed. At WOT they really sound off and get attention but, cruising the slab at about 80 mph / 3,000 RPM they sound really good and I can still hear my music very well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.