Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
called my local parts guy. They dont make a clutch hub locking plate for anything later than 06 ? need something to lock up the hub from spinning. searched around and im finding guys saying apply brake, rope, clothes?, make a tool welding disc and steel together. There has to be a better way?? Does anyone know of a company who makes the locking tool for new HD clutch? I tried jims already, no go

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
called my local parts guy. They dont make a clutch hub locking plate for anything later than 06 ? need something to lock up the hub from spinning. searched around and im finding guys saying apply brake, rope, clothes?, make a tool welding disc and steel together. There has to be a better way?? Does anyone know of a company who makes the locking tool for new HD clutch? I tried jims already, no go
Toss a rag into the chain or get some 3/16th steel flat stock and cut it to length. Loosen it by turning nut in the correct direction helps a ton... Gentle steady pressure - won't be a problem. Trans nut is 70-80ft lbs, about the same as most car wheel lug nuts.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those tools are great for loosening the clutch hub nut, but putting it back on I believe the basket will spin. Chuck from dragos took the time to call me and suggested putting in a clutch plate. He also answered many other questions. Knows his sh*t. sent me pics of pro chargers theyve done. If anyones lookin to make power or need service in the Illinois area I would look them up . First class

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
those tools are great for loosening the clutch hub nut, but putting it back on I believe the basket will spin. Chuck from dragos took the time to call me and suggested putting in a clutch plate. He also answered many other questions. Knows his sh*t. sent me pics of pro chargers theyve done. If anyones lookin to make power or need service in the Illinois area I would look them up . First class
Funny. I typically keep the clutch pack together as a unit so I assumed you were just removing the whole asssemby. With an empty clutch shell, a helper standing on the brake would be my preferred method. If nobody was around I'd probably put in a few clutch plates to spread the load.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts