Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I amm looking at putting 6.5 in the fairing and 6.5 in my new lower pods. I am wondering what the best 6.5 are out there for sound? I also have the rockford pbr300x2.Thanks for all info..

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
This is an impossible question for anyone to answer because everyone hears things differently. What sounds good to one may sound like crap to others. I personally love the sound of Infinity speakers with silk dome tweeters because they sound very smooth. I ran Infinity in my SG and also Biketronics Titan II's which also sound really good. Best thing for you to do is go by your local Best Buy or car audio shop and listen to all different brands. Be sure to take a disc of the music that you enjoy and don't rely on them using some mastered demo disc. Also if you have a chance to check out some other bikes at local bike nights or whatnot and see what they are running.

·
Super Moderator
12,430 Posts
When you say best, exactly how much do you plan to spend?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont want to spend stupid money but i understand they arent cheap.Was leaning towards rock fosgate speakers but not sure

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
J&M rokkers in the fairing.7.25 kit and you can't go wrong.Is $160 stupid money? I figure worth it to only do it once.

·
Super Moderator
12,430 Posts
J&M rokkers in the fairing.7.25 kit and you can't go wrong.Is $160 stupid money? I figure worth it to only do it once.
Rokkers for $160 is good, who sells them that cheap?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
No problem Bro. They're not marine grade. A little water doesn't hurt nothing.. LoL. As long as my head unit cans be covered (splash guard cover), I can deal w/the speaker getting a little wet. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would look at Hertz, there definetley one of the nicest speakers out there, along with Focal and JL. All the other brands are a step down IMO.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I would look at Hertz, there definetley one of the nicest speakers out there, along with Focal and JL. All the other brands are a step down IMO.
And an opinion it is my friend. ;) Polk, Infinity and Boston Acoustics are three brands that are right up there in quality and sound. Back when I was into high end car audio some of the best sounding speakers out there were Canton. Don't think they are still in the car audio game though. And for bass there is no beating Kicker. Period. Though their full range speakers leave alot to be desired. IMO a step down when it comes to speakers is jack of all trades/master of none manufacturers like Sony, Pioneer, and Alpine. And then you scrape the bottom of the barrel with Pyramid and Jensen This is why I always say speaker choices are very subjective because what sounds good to one may not to another.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the PBR 300x2 in my 12 RG, I blew out a set of Polk mm651. After a month or so then installed a set of Polk DXI 650 , they have last almost 9 months and I'm starting to have problems with them. I'm leaning towards a set of Hertz HCX 165 , but I need them to last at the price . I would go with 4 ohm speakers as they seem to sound better and can handle the PBR output better. Chris

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have the PBR 300x2 in my 12 RG, I blew out a set of Polk mm651. After a month or so then installed a set of Polk DXI 650 , they have last almost 9 months and I'm starting to have problems with them. I'm leaning towards a set of Hertz HCX 165 , but I need them to last at the price . I would go with 4 ohm speakers as they seem to sound better and can handle the PBR output better. Chris

If you like the Hertz check out Biketronics Titan II's. They are manufactured by Hybrid Audio Technologies. Biketronics speakers used to be made by Hertz and these are even better. Best thing besides sounding incredible is they carry a lifetime warranty.

Titan II 6.5" upgrade

1 - 20 of 28 Posts