Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my shift seal went bad on a 2012 RG and of course the whole primary case had to be removed, so I got all the parts started the job this morning. Everything went back fine and now I have no clutch, hard as hell and doesn't engage the clutch pack, everything went back the right way and I adjusted the clutch pin by the book and I have tighten the adjustment all the way and lever has a large gap add feels like a brick.

Well I fix the leak but now have another problem and since' I knew to this bike my knowledge is limited, my son by mistake did engage the clutch lever without the basket on and I"m wondering did that do something on the transmission side. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Administrator
10,483 Posts
sounds like the ramps came off the ball bearings on the trans side . There are two ramps , inner and outer and there are ball bearings between them , one of the ramps has the clutch cable attached .. But alas , how did the clutch get adjusted correctly ?
You will have to remove the exhaust and drain the transmission to get in there ..

Question One : Do you have a service manual ? They explain everything very well .. Should be the first accessory you buy ..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like the ramps came off the ball bearings on the trans side . There are two ramps , inner and outer and there are ball bearings between them , one of the ramps has the clutch cable attached .. But alas , how did the clutch get adjusted correctly ?
You will have to remove the exhaust and drain the transmission to get in there ..

Question One : Do you have a service manual ? They explain everything very well .. Should be the first accessory you buy ..
Thanks I'll take apart the tranny side, yeah will need a service manual for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for your help I fixed it, Like you said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts