Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 RG and I have added a Ultra Style Tourpack with speakers when I bought it in 09, which according to my parts list, I had to add an overlay harness to make that work and the part # showing that I have in the bike is: 70169-06A. SO, I found an amp that was new on ebay that as far as I know started being put in the CVO RG's maybe in 2013? The amp is HD #: 76000141, which is a simple plug and play item (except for flashing the radio to accept it). So I removed my front fairing tonight only to find out that I have no plug anywhere in my fairing that appears to want to plug into this amp. I have a cb, xm, and one more like those that is not labled, but does not fit into the amp I bought. then there are some other small plugs not being used (again, nothing that would fit), but what I thought I would find to plug this amp into is not there.? Anyone that knows more about this than me have a suggestion? I thought I would find an empty plug for this amp, but no such luck?

· Registered
10,584 Posts
I have a 2009 RG and I have added a Ultra Style Tourpack with speakers when I bought it in 09, which according to my parts list, I had to add an overlay harness to make that work and the part # showing that I have in the bike is: 70169-06A. SO, I found an amp that was new on ebay that as far as I know started being put in the CVO RG's maybe in 2013? The amp is HD #: 76000141, which is a simple plug and play item (except for flashing the radio to accept it). So I removed my front fairing tonight only to find out that I have no plug anywhere in my fairing that appears to want to plug into this amp. I have a cb, xm, and one more like those that is not labled, but does not fit into the amp I bought. then there are some other small plugs not being used (again, nothing that would fit), but what I thought I would find to plug this amp into is not there.? Anyone that knows more about this than me have a suggestion? I thought I would find an empty plug for this amp, but no such luck?
I'm not a 100% on that amp, but I believe you need a wire harness that the head unit's speaker wires plug into, (right & left ) than run into the amps input .Then you run new speaker wires out of the amps output to the speakers.
Basically, plug &play just means there are plugs the match what's already on the bike. You can always just cut and splice the wires and solder &heat shrink like most of us do rather than use those fancy wire harnesses. :)

· Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, and I talked to my local dealership and found that the amp in question is mostly used on CVO's or in bags where speakers have been added and an amp is needed to run them. Either way, it wont work in my bike as a plug an play as it does with the CVO's. I think I will just try to ebay it and look at a different amp set up for what I have going on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.