Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 road glide that I added a tour pack and figured I could plug the speaker connections in and they would work but I'm not getting any sound is there something I'm missing. Since a road glide normally does not have a tour pack is there something I need to do in the fairing. this is my first touring so this is all new to me having sound. any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
483 Posts
You will probably have to change the radio, the Road Glide didn't come with the output on the stereo for rears , only the ultra classics did , to make your tour pack speakers work you either have to find a 98-05 ultra radio or go aftermarket.
Some say the newer HK radios can be retro fit but I have not checked on that route yet.

You may also be able to add an amp that will split your 2 outputs into 4 , you would need to check with an audio expert on that one, one other thing, our older Sharks have 8 ohm output the newer have 2 ohm which means all new speakers also .
Eagle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it weird that you would have all the wiring there under the seat and it would not be connected to be used. I mean everything the connections for the speakers the inter- comm the hookups for CB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts