Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I am new here obviously. I recently ditched my crotch rocket and got my HD, a 2008 road glide.

It has v&h pipes on it (not true duals, may just be slip ons?). I would like to add a nice air cleaner and apparently I need to get a programmer for this. I dont plan on building the motor up or anything extreme. I would just like to pick up a few ponies and get a quality set up. I will be throwing true duals on very soon.

If you guys could recommend a quality, simple tuner for such a package I would greatly appreciate it. I have some experience with tuners, so downloading maps shouldnt be too much trouble for me. I just have never dealt with an HD before. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
TTS mastertune is pretty hard to beat especially if you understand how to use it and are not afraid to try. If tuning scares you then some of the others might be better. I am a caveman and I was able to get my bike running incredibly sweet, it did take some work and time to get it dialed in tho.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Simple? Go with a pre-configured Power Commander from Fuel Moto. Everyone seems to love Jamie's work and there's no dyno tune needed.

·
Registered
828 Posts
My opinion

I like Power Commander. Reletively inexpensive, easily tuned and expandable to include auto tune if you chose that path later. I had PCIII on my 07 softail, and i have PCV on my RGC. I like having the indy guys tune the bike, and they like the PC as well. I wouldnt get anything i had to go back to the dealer to get tuned. I have heard the Fuelpack from V&H is decent, but i have no personal experience with it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my bike had a v&h fuelpack on it when it came into the dealership. they said it was running pretty rough so they removed it before selling. i dont know if that was due to the unit itself or if it was not set up properly. i just want something simple to adjust whatever i may add to the bike, which likely is not going to be more than intake/exh.

thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Call Jaime at www.Fuelmotousa.com He is a sponsor on our forum and has lots of great advice. He will get you set up with a tuner thats pre-installed with a tune for your model year, and mods. on your bike. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
DynoJet PowerVision is the way to go if you ask me. Very robust and incredibly simple... Especially when Jaime at FM programs it up for you.

Jaime can also hook you up with the Stage 1 kit.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You can't beat TTS MasterTune. It helps if you understand how to use it but Steve is always willing to provide phone support. If you're interested send me a PM and I can hook you up with my friend who will sell it to you at an unbeatable price. Several forum members have already purchased from him and they're extraordinarily happy.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Tuner

Check out percision ems, I've had really good luck with this tuner. and Performance revolution is a class act company. I purchased it from Dragos. He's a member of this forum and he is also a class act. He really helped me out and he answered all of my questions no matter how crazy they were. Dragos is selling the ems cheaper then anybody else on the web. His name is Frank and you can find his website somewhere on this forum. If you have any questions about the percision ems or about Frank from Dragos feel free to give me a call. Patrick 216-633-8541.

·
Registered
874 Posts
DynoJet PowerVision is the way to go if you ask me. Very robust and incredibly simple... Especially when Jaime at FM programs it up for you.

Jaime can also hook you up with the Stage 1 kit.
Hey Pass is that what you got?

Edit: duh, I just saw your sig line that has you set up.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I vote for the use of a TTS Mastertune and a good tuner (person) dialing in the bike on a dyno. IMHO, none of the auto stuff is as good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Pass is that what you got?

Edit: duh, I just saw your sig line that has you set up.
Yup! The JP 2-1-2 pipe and weld quality are outstanding!!! The Powervision is some pretty cool tech and the features will come in very handy. Of course, the customer service and support that FM and Jamie give are second to none. No if ands or buts about it, if you're having trouble with your map or performance they'll work it out. I can't recommend them enough.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I vote for the use of a TTS Mastertune and a good tuner (person) dialing in the bike on a dyno. IMHO, none of the auto stuff is as good.

My friend and I went over to TTS a few weeks ago and Steve personally dyno tuned his bike. If this isn't excellent service, I don't know what is!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty impressive.
I just bit the bullet and had my dealer do a "Super Tune" K&N breather with Screaming Eagle slip ons that had the baffles shortened. I can't believe the difference! I used to think that the lack of torque was due to the six speed tranny vs. the five speed but I was wrong as I could be. Now I can just twist the throttle at a low RPM and she just digs like a five speed.....Super power, And I could even hear the difference in the bikes growl at highway speeds 75 plus....Has a much richer tone than before.....It ain't cheap, Mine was 469.00 for the box and 300.00 for the labor, But I'm telling you it was the best money I've spent on a bike in over forty years. And you get the key with it for any changes in the future I might wanna' do....But I'm not looking to change a thing, It's just where I want it......Oh yeah, According to both my oil temp gauges, One in the filler hole, The other fairing gauge with the sending unit in the oil pans bottom, I'm running around twenty degrees cooler than before, And the top end had quieted down that "Sand shaking" Noise it had before........Harley installed and guaranteed, And they have only one guy do the installs and dyno reads.....So he never forgets you or your bike...Very cool

1 - 20 of 24 Posts