Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up here. Bought a 2022 Road Glide Special and love it.
I upgraded my seat to a Saddelmen Road Sofa and now the buffeting is too much due to the height increase I guess. I love the look and feel of this seat. I'm 5'8 and would appreciate any help in choosing the best windshield for my issue. Price is not a problem since I don't think they are more than a few hundred. I just want to enjoy the ride. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
2012 big blue pearl r.g. custom,chris rivas 574 cams. Rinehart extreme 4" RSD air cleaner barrnett c
518 Posts
I have a harley wind splitter 9.5 or 10 inch i cant remember. But it has a little recurve in it. Does pretty good long as i stay "in the pocket" wind sheilds opinions are plentiful around here

Glenn

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock windshields are like stock sights on a Glock. Just placeholders for real sights/windshields.

Freedom Shields, or Klock Werkz. Their websites will show you the way.
The stock windshields are like stock sights on a Glock. Just placeholders for real sights/windshields.

Freedom Shields, or Klock Werkz. Their websites will show you the way.
Thanks RP. My Sigs came with nice sights LoL.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Make sure you are happy with your seat height because that will vary the windshield height. Go to the different manufactures and watch their video's for ordering. I'm 5'8" on a limited which has a little taller seat than your stock special, and probably very comparable in height to your saddlemen after I had mean city cycles tailor mine. I have Klock Werk windshield and absolutely no complaints.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure you are happy with your seat height because that will vary the windshield height. Go to the different manufactures and watch their video's for ordering. I'm 5'8" on a limited which has a little taller seat than your stock special, and probably very comparable in height to your saddlemen after I had mean city cycles tailor mine. I have Klock Werk windshield and absolutely no complaints.
CR, Thx for replying! What's the size & model of yours? I'm also 5'8. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ok i will say it, Madstad is ugly. I think it was more effective on the 2013 and older bikes. When I put 14 inch bars on my bike it hit my windshield. I ordered an Windvest shield and it works well and the bars dont hit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 2022 RG 107 and have a Mustang Supertour Deluxe seat. The seat lifts the rider an inch or so, similar to the Road Sofa. Based on recommendations here, I went with a Freedom Shied 15" Sport Tour (6' / 34" inseam), and while I'm not crazy about the aesthetics, it functions really well. From 0 - 90, no turbulence.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Memphis shades 6.5, you will thank me later.
How tall are you and what seat you're using?
You sound like Monk LoL!
Long rider shields? I think that is the name from sparks Nevada. Made in America, give them a call.
thx Bro.
@Billder1963 So nobody has asked - but do you intend to ride 2-up much?

Where are you located? ( I have several surplus windscreens. )
NCP. I'm in Norther NJ and yes I take my Honey out every few weeks. The stock HD was not bad until I replaced the seat when replaced w a Sad Road Sofa. A few inches completely changed the wind.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts