Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok did alot of research for rear suspension and went with Legends air ride. Got it put on last week rode bike solo yesterday with about 70 pounds of air bike sat level and rode awesome today took with out and had it up to 95 pounds with both of us on the bike. Today bike was higher in rear then front. I have the front lowered 1 inch. The bike rode great but i could notice it felt higher and handled different but the wife said it rode great. I know its not right sitting higher in the rear then the front so any input or suggestions? Ive thought about putting the front back to stock height. im also going to try and play around with the air presure to see if that makes a difference. What are you guys running for air presure? I really could use some input or suggestions before I ride with my wife on the back again. Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's right around where i am air pressure wise, 70 for just me, only about 85 or so if we aren't loaded down for traveling. Mine is lower in the front as well, and I have the same thing going on. I have gotten used to it tho, and I don't even notice it anymore. Biggest thing is getting your air pressure right, so you are setting up the preload right, and it sounds like you are doing so.

·
Registered
740 Posts
just sitting there the back is higher. Have a picture taken 1 up at 70 psi and 2 up at 90. You adjust on the fly? have a gauge? I marked my gauge with a sharpie while figuring out the optimum.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a gauge so I know what air presure I'm at. I've read some stuff that says being higher in the rear isn't safe is that true?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I did the Monroe DIY air ride and mine is the same way. I don't have a gauge and I can adjust on the fly. I ride 1up most of the time so I get it where it's comfortable for me and its level but when the g friend is on it with me I air it up for her comfort and the back is up high when we're off the bike. I personally think that's just the way it is. The bike handles great either way amd the g friend is happy so I'm not too concerned about it. I will however toy with it this winter strictly for the looks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts