Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my J&M Rokker series kit and installed it. I have the 7 1/4 fronts, 5 1/4 rears, and the 4 channel 500w amp for the Road Glide Ultra.

Last night, I had everything disassembled and did the install, then tested the system before I started reassembling the bike. Everything seemed to work fine.

I then started reassembling the bike. I had it all back together and everything seemed to go well (Thanks for the tips on taking the headlights out, it helped a lot!) I made sure no wires were pinched, nothing was in the way of anything as it all went back together.

Problem is, I went to turn it on and see how it sounded now it was reassembled and nothing worked. I had no sound from the radio(or any other source) no matter how loud I turned it up. So I took the front of the fairing back off to see what I might have done wrong and found that the amp is going into "Power Protect" mode. The light is flashing red when the the bike is turned on. I have to disconnect all power and wait for it to reset to get out of this mode. When I plug everything back in, and turn on the bike again, it starts off as flashing green, then goes back to flashing red again.

At this point, I was hot, tired, and frustrated so I called it a night before I broke something or hurt myself.

Today, I took it all apart again. I could not find any issues with the wires or a short with the speakers. I did reroute the wiring through the plastic box on the frame that the rest of the wiring goes through instead of routing it next to the box. I also turned off the AVC. I seem to remember something about that.

I had it all running while the bike was apart, so I left it turned on and started reassembling the bike again. No trouble at all. I got the bike all assembled and went inside to tell the wife I was taking the bike out and waited while my daughter got dressed to go with me. The stereo was still playing at a low volume when I went in. When I came out, there was no music. I figured the album I had playing on the mp3 player had ended. I switched it to the radio and nothing, no sound. I tried the mp3 player without routing it through the bike and it was working, but nothing from the bike stereo.

I have not taken it apart again yet, so I don't know if the power protect light is flashing, but I suspect it is.

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in contact with John via email. Good customer support goes a long way. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts