Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has me stumped. I've read through the manual for the radio and cannot find an explanation. I am assuming the factory has disabled the radio's ability to recognize Iphone apps like SIRIUS and Pandora because I cannot get the radio to sync up with either app when connected through the USB. Using Bluetooth, I connect without any issues. However, I would like to connect the phone for charging and use the apps while connected.

Does anyone know how to get the radio to recognize apps when connected through USB?

Thank you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Are you using an Apple factory cord or an aftermarket cord? I am having issues with my iPhone 6 when I plug it into the usb but works fine with BT. I just figured it was because I was using an aftermarket cable that wasn't compatible.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes using the factory Apple cord. Using Iphone 6 and a 5 I get the same results with the usb. Works fine with BT.

the radio only reads the IPOD form the Iphone. But I don't have any music on it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
This is only a guess on my part, but I work on computers for a living so know just a little about them. When connecting via the CORD, the computer (head unit) likely sees your iPod as a memory card or any other storage device and will only read the music files on the device's storage. When connecting via Bluetooth, the computer (head unit) is capable of recognizing the entire device and taking advantage of the music apps.

Again, that's nothing more than an educated guess and I can be totally wrong - but that's my final answer. :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Write a software update lol.......
Ahhh, if only I were that smart I'd be a richer man. I'm just a network and hardware grunt. My company installs networks then provides the maintenance and support for my clients.

·
Registered
12 Posts
TLKurtz is correct, streaming audio can only be done through Bluetooth. If you had mp3's on your phone you could go into the media section and play audio from the bike that way.

·
Registered
505 Posts
TLKurtz is correct, streaming audio can only be done through Bluetooth. If you had mp3's on your phone you could go into the media section and play audio from the bike that way.

Correct ... What I've been doing is plug the phone into USB for charging and then use Bluetooth for streaming my Pandora. Works well.

Now ... if someone could tell me how to toggle back and forth between Navigation and Radio without having to reach up to push the Nav button ....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Speedie, press directly in on your left button to take you to the home screen. You can use the left and right thumb buttons to move through the screens.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Speedie, press directly in on your left button to take you to the home screen. You can use the left and right thumb buttons to move through the screens.
Left joy stick? I have mine set up for "Traditional" so the press of the joystick moves to the next media type.

Or am I miss-understanding?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure what "traditional" means. But, yes, left joystick pushed in should go to home screen, then use the right as a cursor to go to the function you want then press it in to go to that function.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I use pandora through the usb cable with a iphone 4. But have found that I must turn the stereo on before plugging phone into the cable. Turn on ignition, start pandora, plug in usb and it automatically recognizes it as iphone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use spotify and slacker to stream music with the cable, or Bluetooth, the bike recognizes my iPhone 6 with no problem if I plug it in With the bike on or off it doesn't matter. Did your phone sync to the bike correctly?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts