Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing the Arlen Ness Inverted Air Cleaner. I have the stock air cleaner off. Now I need to remove the throttle body support bracket. In the service manual it shows two screws oriented vertically behind the bracket.

Is there any way to get to these two screws without removing the fuel tank? What a dumb design to orient them vertical behind and below the front face of the support bracket.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you get any traction with this? I ran into the same thing with the same air cleaner. Second question; after removing the throttle body support what do you reattach the throttle body back to?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
First, removing the tank is no big deal.

Second, you dont have to remove the tank. Just loosen the bolts in the front of the tank then remove the bolt by the seat and tilt the tank up. Stick a rolled up rag or something under the tank, then git yer allen wrench in there to remove the TB support.

The other option is to return the one you bought and buy the Fuel Moto one, its designed to keep the TB support on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts