Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have my motor hopped up to keep me slightly satisfied for now. I have a new racing clutch installed which helps a lot, my stereo is jam up, and now my suspension is spot it. So the next area of better than stock I am looking into is, the brake system. I have not seen to much out there, other than replacing the factory pads with something new, and the rotors. But I am looking into new calipers. I want a set up that will stop my motorcycle faster than any other out there. But it seems as though, at least to what I have found, that no one builds this for the Road Glide. I know that it is a Bagger, and instead of doing like the majority of the trend crowd I am building my bike to run and handle like a crotch rocket, and I have hit the head every where but this. So if anyone has any ideas on what I can do to get a HIGH performance brake system. Please let me know.
Thank You,

· Premium Member
3,117 Posts
You can get two 13" PM 6 piston calipers, 13" rotors and a new master cylinder. That should increase braking power. Depending on the brand of wheel you have rotors may or may not fir the stock wheels.

Are you running stock wheels? I'd also recommend braided brake lines.

Drew

· Registered
2011 RGU
2,539 Posts
Mine seem to brake faster the harder I squeeze or push...................

Sorry, couldn't resist, feeling a little slap happy today with my long weekend starting in less than an hour.

· Premium Member
3,117 Posts
The reality is that a bike that weights 850 lbs is going to take a lot to slow it down compared to a 350 lb sport bike. The stock calipers on the 08 and newer baggers work much better than they did on the earlier bikes. That being said, there is always room for improvement if you are an aggressive rider.

I consider brakes and tires to be the two most important safety features on my bike.

Drew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.