Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the fairing lowers on my 2001. It came with only one of the glove box inserts. I have had one hell of a time finding a mate that wasn't either a) $$$ or b) part of a pair. I ran across a set of speaker pod inserts on cruiserlife.com for $99 but they are for '04-'09s and have this warning;

"Does NOT fit '98 to '03 FLTR lowers as the left lower is different (shallower)."

Has anybody come across a set of speaker pod inserts for the '98-'03 lowers or been able to use these to mount up a set of speakers in their lowers? I don't want to go through the trouble and expense of buying and painting to match a new set of lowers. Thx!

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Since your lowers are non-vented lowers you should just look for 04-09 left side lower because it will fit your bike.

OR you can just do the vented fairing lowers and raise the upper fairing. This is more costly but you will a lot happier going this way

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since your lowers are non-vented lowers you should just look for 04-09 left side lower because it will fit your bike.

OR you can just do the vented fairing lowers and raise the upper fairing. This is more costly but you will a lot happier going this way
I am wanting to keep the majority of the bike original because it is a bit rare. Can you (or anybody else) explain the deal with the left lower? I don't understand why/how it is different.

I thought about switching over to the vented style, but I'm saving my pennies for a Zippers Thundermax Marelli EFI conversion and a nice 2 into 1 pipe.
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts