Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my hertz with the ARC adapter rings. Fairing wont go back on. No matter which way I position the rings. The stick out too far.

What adapter rings do I need to make the Hertz HCX 165s fit inside the fairings?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just installed my hertz with the ARC adapter rings. Fairing wont go back on. No matter which way I position the rings. The stick out too far.

What adapter rings do I need to make the Hertz HCX 165s fit inside the fairings?
I just went through this with the ARC adapters and Polk speakers... Rotate the speaker adapters so they move the speakers in towards the gauges... It will give you an extra 1/4" and it's just enough to get the fairing back on.... Hard to explain but there are 3 holes for the mount to attach to the fairing but you can rotate it... and it will move the orientation of the speakers....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank, I just turned them inward using the top, bottom, and inner most screw hole. Fairing now goes on. It is still slightly touching but I can get it all the way in place.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I still had issues after turning them the right way. Fairing would not sit flush all the way down. After further inspection, I found that the fairing was sitting on the top edge of the ARC adapter rings. Dremel grinder quickly won the battle.

Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just had this issue with the Hertz HCX 165's as well. I couldn't get the ARC adapters to work and instead of struggling I just bought the Hawg Wired adapters. They fit without cutting and they are half as tall as the ARC adapters. No problems with the speakers hitting the fairing anymore.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i didn't use the arc but had some issues initially with the hawg wired. i learned that whatever rings you use these speakers are a tight fit. what worked for me was to loosen the inner fairing bolts just a little so they are snug but not loose. i then fitted the fairing up and flexed things around so the fairing fit. next removed outer fairing and retorqued inner fairing 4 bolts. after that i was able to fit the outer fairing. it is a tight fit and you need to be very familiar with how the inner and outer fairing mate together, paying special attention to the fin tabs.

good luck, i know the arc rings work, as do the hawgwired. just take your time and it will eventually make sense. it is tight, no getting around it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many Amps did you install.... Even after my bench grinder won my battle with 2 amps and the HID lights my fairing is tight...... I dread having to take it off again...... LOL...
I only did one amp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts