Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what to use to make this happen. Here is what I’m trying to do:

I have HOG TUNES metal mesh grills for RG RM 2015+, my ride is a 2018 Road Glide Special.

I NEED to know what to get to drill a 1-3/4” hole in the grills to mount a tweeter. Specifically the Hertz Mille ML 280.3 Legend Tweeter into the grill.

can someone guild / talk me through it and or have pics or a video of how it can be done without damage to the grills?

Want to do something like this has been done in this pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I need to know what to use to make this happen. Here is what I’m trying to do:

I have HOG TUNES metal mesh grills for RG RM 2015+, my ride is a 2018 Road Glide Special.

I NEED to know what to get to drill a 1-3/4” hole in the grills to mount a tweeter. Specifically the Hertz Mille ML 280.3 Legend Tweeter into the grill.

can someone guild / talk me through it and or have pics or a video of how it can be done without damage to the grills?

Want to do something like this has been done in this pic
A very sharp pair of wire snippers. Male your circle with a pencil and snip the circle out. No need to buy special drill bit. Mounted these with nothing but a small pair of wire snippers (dykes). Don’t get stuck on trying to make a circle of perfection. As long as the cut is covered by the tweeter mount it makes no difference what it looks like.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tweeters are 2.1”, cut out needs to be according to specs 48mm/1.89 I’m wanting to cut with hole saw 1 7/8” hole out and gonfrpm there. And cut it in reverse vs forward

·
Registered
753 Posts
Is there an audio shop in your area for car or bike? If you're worried about tearing stuff up they'll do it in about 10 seconds and shouldn't cost much.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorta, but also worried about placement to woofer as far as clearance goes and shown in pics of dementions ect and morning hardware adding to depth.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Step bit...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts