Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need ur help with info on these Sanchos Wing for the Shark Nose. Thinking about adding them to my bike. Has anyone tried these things and if so did they work as well as advertised. Thanks guys I new I could count on ya.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I think you will get a unanimous vote here with these wings. They are great, well worth the money that Sancho charges for them and you are not going to get better service than you do from Sancho. I had the removeable ones and an "evil orange road cone" took one of them out so I replaced the set with the permanent ones cause I will never remove them they work that well.
My recomendation is order a set today, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
They do work as advertised. Great product, and if your doing battle with the buffeting monster, they will certainly help you out. Worth the money IMO.

Rowdy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys thats all I needed to hear ima order a set today.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a set of these, and the question that I have is how much effect they have if you have no lowers at all?

I've got an '08 that I've got some custom-made screen/mesh lowers just to keep the bugs/rocks away during the summer, and I'm curious as to how much effect the wings would have if that's the only air-deflection mechanism other than the fairing itself.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
They will have more affect than you would believe. The do work exceptional with lowers, but they are extremely good without them also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks, that's what I was wondering. I've actually got a set of soft lowers for the fall. Just got them last week so I haven't actually tried them out yet, but I was trying to decide whether it was worth getting the wings for summer use. Guess I'll give them a shot.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Worth every penny. Its one thing thats without a question never come off my bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
These are the best. I was actually thinking of getting rid of my RG due to the turbulance. I have several hundred miles on mine now and couldnt imagine riding a RG without them. Like the others have said they will never come off my bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
resurrecting this thread......

I am thinking about adding these as I tried the HD snap on crash bar deflectors and pulled them, got more turbulence at my face with them than w/o, so they might be for sale. I have a 12" Windvest....do they work no matter what windshield you are using? Do you need the HD deflectors also to make these work?

thanks

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have a 10" Windvest and no lowers and they work great. My opinion, get them, out them, and enjoy the very smooth ride. Best (and cheapest) mod I have done. They are so inconspicuous that I forget they are on 99% of the time but I wouldn't ride without them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I've been thinking about a set of those also. On long stretches the wind beating around my ears gets old

Ricky

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Theyre pretty durable too. Ass cheeck caught hold to em a few times walking by, cant believe they didnt break off!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Getting ready to install mine tonight. I received them as a Christmas present, but with all the rain and cold weather in Portland, Oregon have not had a chance to ride any this winter. Looking forward to see how they work. Heading to the Laughlin River Run on April 23rd, this should be a good test with 1100 miles each way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well I just ordered mine. Seems like 2 things people do agree on on this forum...Road Glides and Sanchos Wings. I've only had my Glide for a couple weeks. I have demo'd 2 different klockwerkz shields. 8.5 and 12.5 and honest to God they were way worse than that little stock tonail. So since that was all that was free to try now I get to buy before I try so I have already ordered a windsplitter. Hopefully with the windsplitter and these wings I can smoke a stogey while I cruise. If I can just clean up the air a little I will have a perfect ride

1 - 19 of 19 Posts