Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 RGC, I screwed up when I ordered my progressive 444HD and ended up getting the 13" shocks instead. So now I am 1" higher in the rear. However when my wife and I are riding I end up being back to stock RGC height. My question is two parts.
1. I plan on adding a 21" wheel at some point in the next year or so. I know this raises the front end approx. 1.25". However like I said when we are riding it drops about 1" in the rear which if I don't raise the front would in theory seem like its going to raise the front end 2.25". So do I lower the front end 1" or 2"? I don't want it to look like its doing a nose dive while the bike is sitting or being rode.

2. The stock front springs that are in there now feel like the are extremely soft, squishy, and clunky. I have been over and over with my dealer here who is not concerned with it. My question is would running a heavy weight fork oil in the front make it ride better and not be as cluncky, squishy and soft until I can do the monotubes?

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
As mentioned above, do the monotubes, but before you do them heavier oil up front will help in the interim, but not as good as monotubes.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
809 Posts
2012 RGC, I screwed up when I ordered my progressive 444HD and ended up getting the 13" shocks instead. So now I am 1" higher in the rear. However when my wife and I are riding I end up being back to stock RGC height. My question is two parts.
1. I plan on adding a 21" wheel at some point in the next year or so. I know this raises the front end approx. 1.25". However like I said when we are riding it drops about 1" in the rear which if I don't raise the front would in theory seem like its going to raise the front end 2.25". So do I lower the front end 1" or 2"? I don't want it to look like its doing a nose dive while the bike is sitting or being rode.

2. The stock front springs that are in there now feel like the are extremely soft, squishy, and clunky. I have been over and over with my dealer here who is not concerned with it. My question is would running a heavy weight fork oil in the front make it ride better and not be as cluncky, squishy and soft until I can do the monotubes?

Unless you are having footing issues with the height I wouldn't lower it. I like to keep maximum suspension travel.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I do not plan on lowering the rear at all. I just wanted to make sure lowering the front when I did the 21 wasnt going to be messed up by adding the shocks that I did in the rear. Thanks for the replies and help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts