Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, hope you can help .... just did the internal wiring for my new bars....

here are my issues :

horn doesn't work
non of the blinkers or brake lights work
and i keep popping an accessory fuse.... ????

anyone have a wiring diagram for the white connector ? i wrote it down but now im guessing i wrote something wrong...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Classic symptoms of at least one pinched wire, especially the ACC fuse that keeps blowing. Take the switch housings apart and look for flattened/bare spots on the wires that result from being pinched between the clamp and the bar. Pay extra close attention to where the wires enter and exit the bar.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
anyone have a wiring diagram for the white connector ? i wrote it down but now im guessing i wrote something wrong...
I have a 2010 RG Custom service manual. Wiring for a 12 might be different, but if you don't get any help here and want me to, I'll try to scan the wiring diagram for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also do you guys know which wires control the blinkers and horns? and why would the brake lights stop working?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Per the '11 manual fig. B20, Right Signal O/W (Position 1 on plug) & W/BN (5)
on the Left Signal O/W (1) & W/V (5), Horm O/W (1) & Y/BK (6)

Second the check for a crimped wire at the switch housing. Kept blowing headlight fuses found a crimped wire on the left side.

One final suggestion, purchase a manual. Best $60 I've spent so far.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Will the brake light come on if you use the rear pedal?

The brake switch for the front brake lever is easy to damage during installation of the grips/housings. That will not take care of your other issues, but may explain the brake light not working.

The other issues are either crossed wires in the plugs (double check to make sure they are back in the same location they came from) or pinched/shorted wires.

I have done the wiring in a poorly lit garage before and it is easy to cross some of the darker colored wires (at least for my old eyes).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guys wanted to thank so much for pointing me in the right direction ... i thought my issue was on the left side but it seems the short is coming from the right side , since if i unplug the right (Black) side my fuse doesnt pop .... if plug the black back in and un do the left side the fuse pops.... started tracing the wires now :) will keep ya posted...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts