Road Glide banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Thank you this was my first thing I did. But everyone can paint a picture just like NYC it's beautiful but go 30 blocks and have your vest on lol

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
I guess the sarcasm and wit didn't come through.......maybe I'm not all that funny, just like my wife says.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My 2c. I was born in Pearland, and have lived all over the city from Tomball to Pearland, LaPorte to Spring Branch. I've lived in Sharpstown, Aldine, Humble and Katy, so I pretty much know the town. That said, I left to play flyboy in '81 and have only been back for visits. Latest visit I found out that Texas is the shittiest state in the nation for healthcare. The industry is so slanted in the favor of the healthcare industry over patients rights that I will never live in Texas again. This causes me great pain because I have always said that I am southern by birth and Texan by the grace of God!

Living in Houston should be very similar to living in NY so you should fit right in except in stead of being told "Fuck you" you'll hear "Why bless your heart!"

Invest in a set of either love jugs or wards fans if you can find them. the Texas heat will melt your motor if you get stuck in traffic.

Learn every way in and around the freeway and stay off of the loop between 4:30 am and midnight.

Get an EZpass and tx tag and forget about paying or stopping to pay tolls on most of the many toll roads in and around the city.

Learn to speak Spanish since it's the original language of the state.

Drop your NY accent as soon as you can and learn to say y'all and shucks.

Keep you opinions about the south to yourself unless they're positive!

Make sure your auto a/c is fully charged!

Folks in Houston have a truncated riding season just like we do in the north, only it's called Summer instead of winter.

Yes it can get too hot to ride!

Invest in sunscreen and 'skeeter spray. If you don't know what the latter is you will!

Have fun and Don't mess with Texas!

·
Registered
30 Posts
There are several hospitals in Clear Lake /Webster Area with a new UT Medical Facility going in League City as well. I live closer to Galveston and ride into Clear Lake area everyday. Hardly EVER go into actual Houston.

Btw, the riding is Flat and Hot in/around Houston area. Austin and further west is some of the best riding in the county. Live on the west side of Houston to make that access better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I moved to Houston (Katy, TX) about 9 years ago from KC. Phenomenal area with low cost of living and great overall amenities including schools, restaurants, sporting events, etc.. As far as riding, can be on Farm to Market (backroads) in virtually minutes and there is some great day riding available. Rides to Sealy then West are especially nice and can extend to the Hill country area in a few hours. Also can ride backroads to the ocean in one morning or afternoon. Shoot me an e-mail if would like to get more info.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Btw, the riding is Flat and Hot in/around Houston area. Austin and further west is some of the best riding in the county. Live on the west side of Houston to make that access better.
that's why i like living along hwy 6 south of pearland, close to the ocean and can go east or west around houston to get to great riding. and east texas is a great ride also into the piney woods and a couple hours away from the bayous of Louisiana

21 - 27 of 27 Posts