Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a luggage rack for my 2013 rg. But I would like to pick up a used tour pac later. The q is . If I pick up a 2 up tour pack mount. can i use it with my sissy bar for now. Or do I need to spend the money on a luggage rack. I like the clean look. The only time it will b on the bike when iam on a road trip. Thanks
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
569 Posts
I need a luggage rack for my 2013 rg. But I would like to pick up a used tour pac later. The q is . If I pick up a 2 up tour pack mount. can i use it with my sissy bar for now. Or do I need to spend the money on a luggage rack. I like the clean look. The only time it will b on the bike when iam on a road trip. Thanks
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
No because the 2up mount fits in the same place as your quick release to mount would.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
make sure you know what year the tour pac fits they changed the way the pac mounts to the luggage rack you can use a pre 09 tour pac on a 09 and later rack by making a 1/4 thick alumin sub plate with the correct hole pattern in it,i have done two already for friends

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
No because the 2up mount fits in the same place as your quick release to mount would.
i think you misunderstood. he wants to use the tourpak mount as his luggage rack.

yes, you can do that. several have done it. it isn't the most elegant solution, but if you're gonna bungee a duffle bag or some sort of luggage to it, it'll work fine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thsnks for the help. I have pick up a tour pack mount. It works very good as a luggage rage. I think it even looks good. Later on I'll pick up the PAC. It was a lot cheaper then a luggage rack to . Saving money is a good thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts