Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really looking to replace my stock seat (need more leg stretch/room for my right knee) due to injury. Not sure if I need more height on the seat or set back like the Le Pera DLL offers setting me back about 2 inches but it lowers ya a bit? Comfort is key - I ride solo most of time - would like a option with a riders back rest. style and comfort of course is a must. Suggestions/options?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Really looking to replace my stock seat (need more leg stretch/room for my right knee) due to injury. Not sure if I need more height on the seat or set back like the Le Pera DLL offers setting me back about 2 inches but it lowers ya a bit? Comfort is key - I ride solo most of time - would like a option with a riders back rest. style and comfort of course is a must. Suggestions/options?
I'm not very tall but i had the Saddle man road sofa extended reach and it gave me a little more room, you can get it heated as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can also get it with a back rest but you need to order it that way, I purchased without one and found out i couldn't add it later.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
9,525 Posts
I recently read a professional bike reviewer's review of heated/cooled seats in general. He applauded the heating capability on most, but he pretty much said the cooling doesn't amount to much of anything with any of the brands he'd ridden/tested. Sounds like the cooling aspect is much ado about nothing and a waste of money. I have no personal experience with either on anything with 2 wheels, just paraphrasing what I read.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Assuming your footboard position doesn’t change: A seat which moves you back will most improve knee angle. A seat which moves you up will most improve hip angle. A seat which moves you back and down will help your knee angle somewhat, but the lower positioning won’t help your hip angle at all.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Pretty sure Corbin makes a heat/cool seat...custom...

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
It's not heated or cooled but I'm really liking the Mustang Super Tripper one piece 2up seat I just put on my 09. It puts me down and back about an inch but it's pretty comfortable

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i ride a mustang #79448 and find it very comfortable
puts me up and back

·
Registered
415 Posts
And keep in mind that moving your seating position away from the bars/grips will possibly have an effect on riding posture and back tension.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Corbin's will move you down and back 1 to 2-inches provided you don't get the "close" version. They do have a backrest option as well. Not the most economical choice, but my ass sure loves Corbin.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not sure if I need more height on the seat or set back like the Le Pera DLL
I opted for the Le Pera DLL to stop feeling like I was sitting on top of the tank. I've had numerous aftermarket seats on a bunch of different HD's and, understanding optimal riding position is unique, by far my favorite.

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
442 Posts
From your pic
From the pic of your bike and it is a very nice bike love scorched Orange. There might be other issues other than seat.While tall chopped bars look good they force the rider to reach forward over the tank.True touring posture has your back straight.Also I cannot get a good look of your floorboards The stock are too short I am switching mine over to Defiance floor boards next week longer for more foot placement options.Last highway pegs properly placed are a must.I have owned 7 Harley’s and never replaced the seat.These new bikes are pretty comfortable out of the box.At 64 years old I might pop an Adevil before heading out.Seat selection is like windscreen choices endless. Good Hunting

·
Registered
377 Posts
I opted for the Le Pera DLL to stop feeling like I was sitting on top of the tank. I've had numerous aftermarket seats on a bunch of different HD's and, understanding optimal riding position is unique, by far my favorite.
Yup. I've had many seats through the years. This one is hands down the most comfortable. And for tall people, it's a must imo. Get your nuts off that tank, there's plenty of better places to put them.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts