I had the dealer install Heritage bars on my 20012 Ultra and I wish I had

bars that pulled back a little further , maybe 2 inches back

I believe I saw a post on this forum that talked about the bars I'm looking

for. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated

Jackson F.D.N.Y

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The Heritage bars already have 2 more inches of pull back then the stock bars. If you want them closer then maybe you should take a look at some 12" apes. You can pull them back a bit further but they may be a bit taller.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Did you try tipping them back a little?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Hey
I had the dealer install Heritage bars on my 20012 Ultra and I wish I had
bars that pulled back a little further , maybe 2 inches back
I believe I saw a post on this forum that talked about the bars I'm looking
for. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated

I have the same problem, Heritage style bars are close, but long rides have me wanting for another 2" back and possibly 2" up.
I haven't done careful measurements, but it looks like 10-12" apes are what's needed, I think.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You have an additional 2" of pullpack and an additional 2" of rise more than the stock bars. You may have to loosen them up sit on the bike to see if you can find that sweetspot. If you can't, you may need apes to give you more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
dizzy

Same here...I have read myself dizzy . About the time I decide on one....somebody says something to dash it. OR I find they won't fit EFI. Heritage with 2" more height and 2" more pullback ....a little narrower would be nice too. Wrist angle is where most seem to throw me off. A slight downward turn and about a 45' would be great.:confused:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Stock brake and clutch lines and wiring with the WO 515 bars. Just re-routed clutch cable.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I wanted the same thing. Went with wild ones 612 outlawz. About the most pull back you can get and still use stock cables.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow

What a great forum. Thanks guys. I've narrowed to down to WILD 1 CHUBBYS WO502 OR KW 2+2....liking the look of Chubbys 1 1/4" also

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Here is a page from the HD Parts and Accessories Catalog that may help to eliminate any confusion when choosing which bars. It sounds as if some, like myself when I chose the Heritage Bars, may be confusing what Pull Back really means.

Even though the Heritage Bars are more comfortable for me than the stock bars the Pull Back is what I do not like about them. Pull Back is what makes the angle of the wrists and for me the Heritage bars, while moving them closer for me to reach, actually made the wrist angle less comfortable. I now know I am wanting bars with more rise but with the same amount or less Pull Back back that would make it easier to reach by bringing the bars back toward my position.

The KW 2+2's look like they may be the ticket for me as well. Gonna have to give them some serious consideration.

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts