Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Im no audio guru so I thought I would ask this question here. I have a 2012 RG and Im going to install a PBR300x2 to one set of Hertz HCX165
6 1/2's and was reading about hooking up Parralell or in Series, and I have no clue. Can someone tell me the best way to hook up the HCX165's to a RF PBR300x2 ?Do I just run one speaker off each channel, or put the +'s together and the
-'s together or what ?
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also

Just upgrading the stock speakers, not adding a set so two HCX165 will be going in the fairing.
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
135 Posts
if I remember correctly that amp is not 2 ohm stable so assuming the speakers you have are 4 ohm just run them stereo. Since it sounds like you are only running one pair of speakers there is no need to any fancy wiring anyway. I have the four channel version of that amp and I love it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speakers and amp

The Amp is stable to 2ohms, and be run at 2ohms or 4ohms. The Hertz speakers I have are 4Ohms. So do I rin one speaker on one channel and one on the other or is there a better way to do it ?

·
Registered
875 Posts
great chart

one speaker per channel is okay and runs the amp more conservatively
H-Donut - I am the one that originally posted chart to another post on this forum..I found it searching other sites when you were helping me with my audio decisions. So in a way, you proxied that chart. Glad it could be of use. Started ordering my wish list for a Feb build..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts