Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, this has probably been covered before but I can't seem to find the answers I was looking for so I will ask some of you that have been through it.

1. I am planning on doing a set of Monkey Bars either 10" or 12". Do I need to buy new cables if I route internally with the 12" bars?

2. Was also thinking about adding some heat demon grip warmers how hard are those to add to the OEM Monkey bars?

3. The OEM Monkey bars are 1.25" diameter instead of 1". I am trying to plan all the parts I need. Do I need to do new controls and grips or do the old ones work?

I have seen the walkthrough, so thanks for that it will help alot, are there any other gotcha's I should plan for?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks so much for the quick response. Do your 12 inch bars still sit behind the fairing, or are your hands out in the wind? I like the fact that the stock bars are protected from the wind?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have 10" and my cables are just long enough, any higher and they wouldn't work.

If you plan on doing heat demonds the bars will have to be reamed out to .875 or the grips won't work. I think you can order them that way for an added fee.

Hands are out of the wind but by mirrors get nailed by bugs,

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
10's and your hands will be a little protected by the fairing but with 12's your hands are usually above the fairing. Also depends on if you plan on leaning the bars back to you or pressing them all the way forward towards the fairing. My 12" apes are all the way forward and my hands are above the fairing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry my 2$ I just put on Yafee 12" and you can get away without cables but you're really pushing it. I started by rerouting them but the clutch cable was just binding too much in a full turn, brakes were fine after you remove some slack by re-routing.

I added braided, looks better. If you have ABS you will need the stealership to bleed the ABS, mine charged a 1/2 of labor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts