Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the kit to add Aux switches to the left side of the fork lock on my '15 SERGU. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/auxiliary-power-switch-kit---fairing-mount

It came with the switch block, the harness and a few zip ties and connectors. I got the switch mounted without issue and there's a harness right under the cover that leads back to a connector under the left side cover per the instructions.

Here's where it gets interesting. There are two unused plugs underneath the fuse block in that area. See pix below from the Supplement manual

For the life of me I can't find which plug is supposed to be what in the FLTRUSE supplement manual. There's no complete breakdown pix in that book of the left side cover anywhere.

I DID find in the regular service manual a pix of what I'm looking for....

Now it get's worse... according to the above pix plug #7 is the aux plug and plug #8 is a Data Link connector...

The plug on the harness that came in the kit fits plug #8, NOT plug #7.

So anyway, I plugged in the harness to #8 and started checking for voltage on the outputs of the two aux pigtails (one for each switch in the dash) and they work like they should. I even hear the relay click when you hit one of the two switches on the dash.

Here's a pix of the harness.

and the part number of the harness

Is there any way at all that the pix from the regular service manual is labeled incorrectly? Do you think the CVO wiring is that much different from a standard bike?

One more thing. Now I have to try to find a way to get that harness to fit somewhere. It sure as hell isn't going to fit behind that side cover.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I feel for ya. I'm beginning to do the wiring on my conversion and the service manuals leave a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Posted it on 3 forums and got good answers on the other two so far. My wiring is correct, the damn pix in the service manual is labeled wrong. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
853 Posts
I feel your pain brother.....the pages in my manual are all mixed up....chunks of chapters all over the place.....gonna get me a new one next time I'm at the dealer.
Don't worry, it happens in airplane IPCs, Engine and Airframe manuals too....all the time! LOL!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glad you posted, I have that same kit lying on the work bench waiting to install

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I bought the kit to add Aux switches to the left side of the fork lock on my '15 SERGU. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/auxiliary-power-switch-kit---fairing-mount

It came with the switch block, the harness and a few zip ties and connectors. I got the switch mounted without issue and there's a harness right under the cover that leads back to a connector under the left side cover per the instructions.

Here's where it gets interesting. There are two unused plugs underneath the fuse block in that area. See pix below from the Supplement manual

For the life of me I can't find which plug is supposed to be what in the FLTRUSE supplement manual. There's no complete breakdown pix in that book of the left side cover anywhere.

I DID find in the regular service manual a pix of what I'm looking for....

Now it get's worse... according to the above pix plug #7 is the aux plug and plug #8 is a Data Link connector...

The plug on the harness that came in the kit fits plug #8, NOT plug #7.

So anyway, I plugged in the harness to #8 and started checking for voltage on the outputs of the two aux pigtails (one for each switch in the dash) and they work like they should. I even hear the relay click when you hit one of the two switches on the dash.

Here's a pix of the harness.

and the part number of the harness

Is there any way at all that the pix from the regular service manual is labeled incorrectly? Do you think the CVO wiring is that much different from a standard bike?

One more thing. Now I have to try to find a way to get that harness to fit somewhere. It sure as hell isn't going to fit behind that side cover.
Mike, the book is probably in error, just trace the plug back to the BCM, and the other one is the aux plug. Now if the add on plug doesn't fit, that's another story... :eek:

'Hopefully we can do some more riding together this summer?
Ed

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike, the book is probably in error, just trace the plug back to the BCM, and the other one is the aux plug. Now if the add on plug doesn't fit, that's another story... :eek:

'Hopefully we can do some more riding together this summer?
Ed
It is Ed, good ole Grouchy over on CVO confirmed it. We'll be in the Valley this fall and I'll be going solo to WV in July.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's not just the CVO's its reversed on. Found that out pretty quickly when I hooked my Powervision up on my '14 Limited. (Yeah, I ride a batwing :p)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
It's not just the CVO's its reversed on. Found that out pretty quickly when I hooked my Powervision up on my '14 Limited. (Yeah, I ride a batwing :p)
I am sorry for your misfortune...

:D

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
;)

I'll be the first to tell you that if they had a '15 wet head Ultra version of the RG out when I bought my bike, that's what I would be riding right now.
They do. I've got one ;)

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, just how long did it take to mount the AUX switches? Did it fill two spaces or three spaces in the knockouts?
I don't remember how long it took me to install it. It's been over two years. It gave me two switches labeled aux1 and aux2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts