Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 Glide Special, I have to upgrade the speakers!!! QUESTION IS!! Do I spend the 4,300 bucks on this Boom audio II stuff or go with The Boom audio I ? I've had aftermarket stuff on older bikes, and never had good luck with them. I cant Hear my radio after 60mph!! I Want to do the Dash, Lower Faring, Rear Tour box speakers and Lid speakers. Its a pretty penny to do it all, BUT IS IT WORTH IT??? INPUT??

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
FIRST..... Welcome to the Shark Tank!

SECOND..

STAY AWAY FROM BOOM JUNK!!!! I can't stress that enough.

Your money can be spent much more wisely on aftermarket and 100% better in SQ and performance.

I have a SoundzCustomz Level IV system ( in sig ) and LOVE IT!!!!! It's all plug and play and tuned for you BEFORE you get it...

That being said.... there are other companies with outstanding systems.... BIKETRONICS for example has GREAT systems for your 15RGS as well...also plug and play

Whether you are a on a budget or have REALLY deep pockets, you can spend your money wisely on an aftermarket system of 2 speakers/amp and up ...

Here is a quick youtube vid of my system....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r_8HAmHOII

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I'll jump in on this one too. I put the JM Exxtreme 330 watt amp and speakers on my 16 RGS and couldn't be happier. The happiest is my wife. At 80 mph, no problem hearing and singing along with the music, lol. It's very clear as stated and found the customer service to be excellent. Mention the forum and get the discount. I forgot to say, it's a very easy plug and play setup. I particularly liked the mounting plate for the amp under the radio. Very professional.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
FIRST..... Welcome to the Shark Tank!

SECOND..

STAY AWAY FROM BOOM JUNK!!!! I can't stress that enough.

Your money can be spent much more wisely on aftermarket and 100% better in SQ and performance.

I have a SoundzCustomz Level IV system ( in sig ) and LOVE IT!!!!! It's all plug and play and tuned for you BEFORE you get it...

That being said.... there are other companies with outstanding systems.... BIKETRONICS for example has GREAT systems for your 15RGS as well...also plug and play

Whether you are a on a budget or have REALLY deep pockets, you can spend your money wisely on an aftermarket system of 2 speakers/amp and up ...

Here is a quick youtube vid of my system....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r_8HAmHOII

Sounds good! I would get a nasty gram from the HOA if I even THOUGHT of doing a video like that! Lol! I just thought about it, probably got a letter on the porch!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have a 15 Glide Special, I have to upgrade the speakers!!! QUESTION IS!! Do I spend the 4,300 bucks on this Boom audio II stuff or go with The Boom audio I ? I've had aftermarket stuff on older bikes, and never had good luck with them. I cant Hear my radio after 60mph!! I Want to do the Dash, Lower Faring, Rear Tour box speakers and Lid speakers. Its a pretty penny to do it all, BUT IS IT WORTH IT??? INPUT??

Did you say $4300 for BOOM? Short answer HELL NO!

I think Spazz's system was about half of that. Biketronics also has systems with lifetime warranties for half that. I don't have $4300 in my system and I pieced it together myself with aftermarket (focal, hertz) parts! Scroll through the audio section of this forum.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
$4300 is insane! For that money you could have 10x the system using the companies mentioned. Or a killer system and a new 21" wheel!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Sounds good! I would get a nasty gram from the HOA if I even THOUGHT of doing a video like that! Lol! I just thought about it, probably got a letter on the porch!

LMAO!!! NO HOA's here.... THANK GOD!!!! and Thanks... VERY happy with my system.

Did you say $4300 for BOOM? Short answer HELL NO!

I think Spazz's system was about half of that...

Yep! Soundz Level IV with options... upgraded amp to XDI600.4 and added Hybrid Audio 157-2's for the lids... all PLUG AND PLAY for $1500.

Then of course I bought my lids, grilles and hardware for another $600 from HD ( more choices out there now for a bit less )

·
Registered
593 Posts
You should do what I did. Spend the money on the Boom! stuff, go for a ride and realize you immediately regret the decision, sell the Boom! stuff for less than half of what you spent, buy an aftermarket system, find out that it doesn't work as you hoped, then finally find a system you like and put that in.

No shit, when my bike was new last year I lost count of the hours in working on stereo crap. I finally settled on a RF 400w amp, Alpine speakers in the rear lids, and Hertz speakers in the fairing. I can now hear the words of my songs at 80mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts