Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going fellas, didn't think of this at the stealer, but what size are the locknuts that go on the studs under the seat?

My CVO didn't come with the standard locknuts, I'm installing a rider backrest and need to run out to Lowe's to get a couple, but not sure on the size?

I have some here but don't think they're the correct size. If someone could pm me the info I would appreciate it, will edit my post later when I have the info, this is the only thing holding up my install right now, and the stealer is already closed.

Thanks
FM

·
Registered
664 Posts
I know it takes a 7/16 wrench to remove them. but other then that I ain't much help

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I know it takes a 7/16 wrench to remove them. but other then that I ain't much help
Are they 1/4 X 20? The screws for the front of the mount are 1/4 X 20 and they seem the same size and thread as the studs under the seat, I have spare 1/4 X 20 SS locknuts so if this is the case then I'm good.

Hey send me a pm later if you're still interested in my stock seat.

·
Registered
664 Posts
that sounds correct to me. but not sure if I was in at my house I would run a tap though to make sure. sorry bud, and my friend broke down and ordered a CVO seat last week. :-( but put it on here I am sure it will sell quickly.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that sounds correct to me. but not sure if I was in at my house I would run a tap though to make sure. sorry bud, and my friend broke down and ordered a CVO seat last week. :-( but put it on here I am sure it will sell quickly.
Thanks man, no sweat.

I'm gonna tighten down the 1/4 X 20, the 7/16 wrench fits it perfect and the nuts that came in the kit for the other screws that are the same size thread on the studs the same distance as the 1/4 X 20's I have on hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts