Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have my 2010 Red Fltrx getting the inner fairing done and I thought about a stereo upgrade. I need advice for a simple two speaker/amp combo. I just came across the Bazooka system for $303.00 but don't know anything about them. Need quality components for $500.00 or less. I may be adding lowers so taht should also be an option for a four channel I guess?Please advise as I need my Metalica soon!!
MMAN60:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wetsounds and Rockford Fosgates

Check out the wetsounds amp packages that throttle-upindustries.com has with the 6.5 inch adapters. They suggest alpine speakers I think. I am running 4 6.5inch Rockford Fosgates with 2 tweeters off of this 250 watt 2 channel amp with no problems. Everyone has there own opinion on this set up but from my personal opinion my stereo setup really rocks for what it cost me.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I can't speak for the bazooka speakers, but here is the review I did on the amp: ttp://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=4850. I will say that know with about 2000 miles on it, I'm still grining from the tunes, and I'll be grining even larger when I get my lower speakers the way I want them!

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
I got Hog tunes with 35 watt amp and 5X7 speakers with plug and play wiring. They're not bad but think you can do better for around 5 bills . I see the Hog tunes I have are in the High two's now on Ebay.

Also think about sound proofing your inner fairing and put some thick foam or weather striping between the speakers and speaker mounts that mount to fairing for better sound also when installing new system.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the Hog tunes amp and speakers for $350 and I wouldn't do it again. Put J&M 7.25" speakers in my wife's bike and they sound as good and play louder than my Hogtune's set up and she does not have an amp. Low $200 for just the speakers. I can only imagine how much better they would be with the 250w amp but don't have the coin for that right now.

Haven't heard 1st hand any of the other speakers mentioned so can't help you there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I literally just walked in from the garage after installing my system that I started last night. I went with the elf audio amplifier and polk db 651 6.5 speakers in the front.

Amp - $200 eBay
Speakers - $50 eBay
Speaker adapters - $40 arc audio
Wiring harness - can't remember but around $50 - arc audio
Dynamat in the fairing - $20 amazon

overall the installation took about 3 hours total taking my time and having some beers along the way. all I can say the result is an amazing difference. I can feel the bass percussion in my face. Can't wait to go for a ride.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check out the wetsounds amp packages that throttle-upindustries.com has with the 6.5 inch adapters. They suggest alpine speakers I think. I am running 4 6.5inch Rockford Fosgates with 2 tweeters off of this 250 watt 2 channel amp with no problems. Everyone has there own opinion on this set up but from my personal opinion my stereo setup really rocks for what it cost me.
+ 1 on the wet sounds.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Amp - $200 eBay
Speakers - $50 eBay
Speaker adapters - $40 arc audio
Wiring harness - can't remember but around $50 - arc audioDynamat in the fairing - $20 amazon
WHat wiring harness? Never heard of a wiring harness to run any audio stuff on out bikes. All you should need is power wire, ground wire and speaker wire. Is that what you are talking about (one of the amp wiring kits)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Its a pre-fab pos/neg #12 set with pre-terminated eyelets and a 25A inline fuse to protect the amp. it also included speaker wire, wire ties, and butt spices to tie in inputs from speakers to the amp.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Its a pre-fab pos/neg #12 set with pre-terminated eyelets and a 25A inline fuse to protect the amp. it also included speaker wire, wire ties, and butt spices to tie in inputs from speakers to the amp.
I thought thats what it was. Im sure I have enough of that stuff laying around I can wire my amp and speakers for free just from left overs doing cars.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I put the Arc Audio MPAC in mine, and I am really disappointed. $550 down the drain!
Arc makes ome great amps, but there speakers suck. Try some speakers that the output of that amo can handle like hertz, Polk, kicker.

What is it exactly that youare diappointed with? Sound quality, distortion, volume???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been following this thread closely as I'm getting ready to install an ELF audio amp on my 08 RG. It will be running two J&M 7.25's in the front and run the two rear speakers in the tour pak off the stock HK. Debating whether to buy another head unit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts