Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I installed some 12" apes and lost cruise and mode sel switches. No engine light so ran diag. check, no codes. So pull everything apart to look at wires everything looks good. So put all back together turn on switch check all buttons, mode button works. I think all may be good start the bike engine light...... run the diag. Have these codes P1510, p2127, p2138 tried to clear them no good. Back into the wires I go. Think I messed up the little green plug. Any thoughts.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
P1510 Throttle actuator control limited performance

P2127 Twistgrip position sensor 2 low/open

P2138 Twistgrip position sensor correlation error

All Throttle by wire issues. There is a service bulletin for "micro motion" contact wear or fretting that pertains to these issues.

These could relate to your damaged plug.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P1510 Throttle actuator control limited performance

P2127 Twistgrip position sensor 2 low/open

P2138 Twistgrip position sensor correlation error

All Throttle by wire issues. There is a service bulletin for "micro motion" contact wear or fretting that pertains to these issues.

These could relate to your damaged plug.
Thanks for the reply
So do you think I will need to replace the throttle sleeve or can I cut the wires and get ride of the little plug?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Thanks for the reply
So do you think I will need to replace the throttle sleeve or can I cut the wires and get ride of the little plug?
I don't think I would cut the wires. The Throttle is a rheostat that basically sends a reading in ohms to the ECM. I would think all the connectors work together as a unit. Cutting and splicing could change the ohmic output to the ECM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts