Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my freedom performance true duel exhaust. Started the install, got the left head pipe in and snugged down. It hits the passenger left foot peg.(pictures) any help or advise would be great. Thanks 2013 rg custom

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
You will need to ream the inside of the muffler or spread it out where the head pipe will go further back toward the muffler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Is your pass foot peg mount OEM Harley? It doesn't look anything like mine. I've got a 2011 & I'm pretty sure they should be the same. Maybe it's the angle of the picture. Go to Ronnie's parts finder & take a look.
I would've left everything left everything loose to make sure of clearance. Smarty has a good suggestion also. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will need to ream the inside of the muffler or spread it out where the head pipe will go further back toward the muffler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even without the muffler on just the head pipe still contacts the peg.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your pass foot peg mount OEM Harley? It doesn't look anything like mine. I've got a 2011 & I'm pretty sure they should be the same. Maybe it's the angle of the picture. Go to Ronnie's parts finder & take a look.
I would've left everything left everything loose to make sure of clearance. Smarty has a good suggestion also. Good luck.
The pegs appear to be oem, might need to fab some new brackets

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also, it looks like it would smoke your babes foot/leg.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talked to freedom and there answer is to just put some washers under the peg.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My advice....

Return it. That is a bad design IMO. A pipe that close to your passengers foot / leg is no good. If you ride solo and like it keep it. If it were me I would return it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts