Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new 13 road glide custom the week after next when it arrives from HD. Here's my dilemma, I've had two fatboys the first purchased in 2004, 2nd 09 both outfitted from the dealer with pipes, high flow air filter and programmers.... Never went internal on the motors but for this bike I want some serious ponies... My buddy's have road glides with 103's, 110's with goodies added and I need to make sure mine is first on race day if you get what I mean.

So I priced the 120r today from the dealer, with SE x-pipe, hi flow SE duals, SE tuner, hi flow air filter, and the parts that go along with the build, clutch upgrade, oil cooler, gasket sets, 10 hours labor ( does that sound right? ) oils, injectors, throttle body and maybe a few other small extras.... They quoted me $8990. Not including tax and this is with 15% discount on parts. I read where guys are saying they are getting this for as low as $7800 - 8200. But mine being close to $9000 seems way high but I confirmed with another dealer who said expect to pay $9000 so how can I be reading these forum posts at $8000 and believe it... Don't forget this includes 15% off parts. Should I continue to shop dealers for better prices?

Anyway, any info you guys have will help me make my decision. What can I really expect for HP & TQ as well? Dealer days around 130 +/-.

Thanks in advance!,,

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
How much more improvement is the 126 over the 124. It seems not much by looking @ the number.. I'm not an engine guy .. LoL

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Q, I don't know that it's that much MORE, I am thinking more along the lines of when I was doing this IF I would have known about the 126" I would have just done it at the time. I am sure the cost difference would have been minimal. Plus I have seen that 126" live and in color. A true beast! Don't get me wrong I am NOT complaining by any means.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
My question would be... How much support across the country would you have with an S&S vs the HD 120R? There are HD dealerships and indy's everywhere that work on HD stuff. Is there similar support with S&S if you were riding across country and something went wrong, and moreover ones that do warranty work?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My question would be... How much support across the country would you have with an S&S vs the HD 120R? There are HD dealerships and indy's everywhere that work on HD stuff. Is there similar support with S&S if you were riding across country and something went wrong, and moreover ones that do warranty work?
Exact concerns I have as well, that is why I'm thinking to stay with the HD 120r for the ease of getting service and parts. I am looking for complete dependability as well. I'm think the S&S motors are a bit radical to ride and may require some additional shop time for tuning and to keep dialed in. I may be completely wrong but I want to remain conservative and keep dependability a must.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Exact concerns I have as well, that is why I'm thinking to stay with the HD 120r for the ease of getting service and parts. I am looking for complete dependability as well. I'm think the S&S motors are a bit radical to ride and may require some additional shop time for tuning and to keep dialed in. I may be completely wrong but I want to remain conservative and keep dependability a must.
Sampson104 just so you know there is NO warranty with the 120r motor, harley considers it a race motor and no warrantys apply. As far as the S&S motor is concerned there are several S&S authorized dealers out there. That doesn't mean I want them ALL to work on my scooter much like no 2 HD dealers are created equal! Also my 124" was setup with touring in mind low compression & EZ Start Cams.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts