Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, this is my first post here and so glad I found this site. I am the proud new owner of a 2006 Road Glide and pretty sure it has the stock seat. My question is what would fit on this as is for a rider's detachable backrest and really stumped on the right hardware kit. And to make it more confusing I would like to install the 2-up detachable luggage rack and would need advice for the hardware kit with that as well. Everything I have looked at for the most part states 2009 and up so not sure about any of it anymore and thought I would try a shortcut and ask the pros here :cool:. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey guys and gals, this is my first post here and so glad I found this site. I am the proud new owner of a 2006 Road Glide and pretty sure it has the stock seat. My question is what would fit on this as is for a rider's detachable backrest and really stumped on the right hardware kit. And to make it more confusing I would like to install the 2-up detachable luggage rack and would need advice for the hardware kit with that as well. Everything I have looked at for the most part states 2009 and up so not sure about any of it anymore and thought I would try a shortcut and ask the pros here :cool:. Thanks in advance for your input.
kirk, welcome to the roadglide forums.are you looking for a backrest for the operator or a sissy bar/ rack combo??? if you are looking for an operator backrest, go to page 358 and 359 in the hd accessory book.sissy bar and rack detachable are on page 370. many combinations avaiable attaching to the frame and/or backrest.you can probably find the book on line also.2011 harley-davidson genuine motor parts and accessories. good luck,pan

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Welcome aboard... What Pan said on the accessories. Shouldn't be hard at all to get that new bike dialed in for comfort, accessories catalog and a CC, and let the mods begin. Enjoy the ride.

Rowdy

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome from CT.

We have a member here who gives great prices on parts. He's good about answering questions to. PCPain.

Look him up. He is a great resource.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I have a mustang riders backrest off my 2006 that I can't use on my new Rgu. Its adjustable and easy to install. Remove the seat and there's 2nuts and a bolt.its that easy.when ya want to remove it just pull up. If you interested let me now ill get some pics. Terry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the welcome and I will try and get pics up soon. My question is will I be able to fit these detachables on my 2006 RG? LR #53743-97 (already bought this so I really hope so) and I also need a passenger backrest wondering if #52935-04 woud work with the 2-up LR I already have and if not does anyone know the docking hardware and a Backrest that would work with the luggage rack mentioned above that I have already. Pretty sure that will work with an antenna relocation kit but not sure of a combo backrest and hardware I would need. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thank you all for the welcome and I will try and get pics up soon. My question is will I be able to fit these detachables on my 2006 RG? LR #53743-97 (already bought this so I really hope so) and I also need a passenger backrest wondering if #52935-04 woud work with the 2-up LR I already have and if not does anyone know the docking hardware and a Backrest that would work with the luggage rack mentioned above that I have already. Pretty sure that will work with an antenna relocation kit but not sure of a combo backrest and hardware I would need. Thanks again guys.
Kirk, that will go right together.get your self a self a flexible shorty antenna from the auto parts store, for about 6 bucks.the it will flex, bend back and out of the way. and be a lot cheaper and easier than the kit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotta say out of all the different forums i'm registered to this is the most noob friendly place on the net, thanks for that. Now that i know the backrest and seat combo I have selected will work I am still not sure about what part number kit/s to get for installing the luggage rk and backrest. Sorry for basically needing to be spoon fed but would hate to buy a kit that is not compadible at HD prices. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts