Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock bars that came with my RGC. Right now I have to reach a little and they are not very comfortable. I'm 5'9" and my seat is a Hammock. What I am look for is a little more height and pull back but do not want to replace cables or anything else besides the bars. Any and all recommendations/comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam. I put 16" black Hill Countrys on mine and I love them. Long trips with cruise I can rest my hands on top on the to streach out.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
a lot of folks (myself included) have been happy changing out the bars to the 'heritage style' bars. no cable changes required.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a lot of folks (myself included) have been happy changing out the bars to the 'heritage style' bars. no cable changes required.
I have read those mentioned many times on the forum. Do you know roughly how much higher and pull back they are from stock bars?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Here's a pic that may help. The shortest bars are the stock HD bars, the middle ones are "Heritage" bars from HD, the tall ones are KromeWerks "stretch heritage" bars.

Here's the specs from Khromewerks:

I and several others have installed the stretch Heritage bars with no wiring mods. The clutch cable has to be slightly re-routed.
The pic in my signature below has the stretch bars on it. I have a bigger version of this pic if you'd like.
I'm really liking these bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts