Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pick up a new seat for my '17 RGS as the stock seat just isn't cutting it. In the past I ran the Mustang Super Touring on my Ultra and liked it. With the Special I am wanting something a little more streamlined but still nice and comfy. We do lots of riding and 800-1000 miles days are always a possibility when we're running to get someplace.

I've been looking at the Le Pera Mavrick, C&C Sport Tour and Tour Special, Saddleman Road Sofa, Corbin and Danny Gray. My wife rides her own now so I'm almost always alone. One of my kids will occasionally climb on for a short ride. My main concern is comfort and fit. I'd like to sit back an inch or so from stock, keeping the same height would be fine.

For those that have used these seats, what can you tell me? Suggestions on other seats would be appreciated as well, although I'm not too interested in HD Hammocks or any other HD seat. I would also prefer a 1pc seat, but could be swayed for a solo provided the comfort was there and the pillion is nice and rider comfy as well and must secure well to the bike.

I'm 6', 225 and about a 34" inseam.

Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Mustang Super Tourer on 2 different bikes now. Very comfortable.
6'5" 250 lbs

·
Registered
958 Posts
I had the Mustang on my 11 CVO liked it, have the Lepera Daddy Long Legs with gel insert on my RGS, both are great seats, for style and overall comfort I lean towards the Lepera.....

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 17 RGS as well and went through a number of seats before finally settling on (and loving) my Corbin Dual Tour. I tried the Harley Hammock and it just looked ridiculous on the bike without having a tourpak to hide it. Next tried a Mustang Heated Touring seat and it sat me almost on top of the tank. Then tried a heated CVO take off, which was just a fancier version of the hammock seat. Finally, I bit the bullet and ordered from Corbin. Got the seat in three weeks and it's awesome. It sits me a little higher than stock, but it doesn't push me forward at all which was key. All the seats I got were heated, which may have added to the height of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Those other two are the Mustang and CVO.

This is the Corbin.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those other two are the Mustang and CVO.

This is the Corbin.
I've talked with a couple people local who can do custom seat work, just not sure I want to spend those $$$ considering it's the factory pan and it needs lots. If you don't mind me asking, what did the Corbin with backrest run?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've talked with a couple people local who can do custom seat work, just not sure I want to spend those $$$ considering it's the factory pan and it needs lots. If you don't mind me asking, what did the Corbin with backrest run?
All their pricing is on their website. Being LE, I think you get a 10% discount. Total package for me was $1,248 ($763 seat, $243 backrest, $243 sissybar pad). I don't use the backrest - I couldn't get used to it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Blue Tick, I have a Corbin with backrest for sale. Not heated. Spent around $900 on it. It's off my old bike. About 3 years old. Will sell it for $400.00 plus shipping. I loved it and would keep it on my new Glide, but it's the wrong color...http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=313714&stc=1&d=1498303892

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
My seat has blue stitching to match my old bike. My new bike is obviously red. Corbin wants like 5-600 to recover the seat and backrest...

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just thought if I can sell this one, I will have them make me another one. Only red stitching this time, with flames!!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
SEM makes vinyl bye for leather and plastic. I used the vinyl stuff to black out the flames on a Corbin Gunfighter seat. It worked out well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts