Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sound clips sounds great. But not all songs do. Some sound "plastic" if ya get my meaning.

Will shoving insulation behind the pod help? Not in the pod with the speaker. Spray foam?

Install is almost done. need to tidy up wires and wipe the dust off the amp.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
You can try some polyfill wrapped around the speakers and see what it does.
For 2 speakers doesnt sound bad at all for that song. I try and tune to a more dynamic song that hits all frequencies though.
Are you using a iPod for the source?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can try some polyfill wrapped around the speakers and see what it does.
For 2 speakers doesnt sound bad at all for that song. I try and tune to a more dynamic song that hits all frequencies though.
Are you using a iPod for the source?
Using a galaxy s10+ I'd benefit from some kind of EQ I'm sure. And suggestions on an app? Not sure if my phone itself has separate settings.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Not sure on that phone, or system. I tried one on my iPhone, no success. Im sure there is one for your phone, might get some good results out of it.
Those amps have great warranty. No way to tune them though.
With all the room you have in the back you can stuff it with some serious equipment! 4 12's !!! Just joking
Polyfill might get you some low end, worth a shot for only a couple bucks. If you can find a way to tune it through your phone it would definitely help. If you can find a app, use a more dynamic song and dial it in

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
This sound clips sounds great. But not all songs do. Some sound "plastic" if ya get my meaning.

Will shoving insulation behind the pod help? Not in the pod with the speaker. Spray foam?

Install is almost done. need to tidy up wires and wipe the dust off the amp.

https://youtu.be/QhI7jhSIFJQ
John, it may be the source of the music as to the way it plays.
I find that the music I have on my iPod as well as my Thumb Drive play much louder and clearer than my radio or Sirius XM.
I'm not sure if polyfill works but I do have it in my Lowers Speaker Pods.
Mike U.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John, it may be the source of the music as to the way it plays.
I find that the music I have on my iPod as well as my Thumb Drive play much louder and clearer than my radio or Sirius XM.
I'm not sure if polyfill works but I do have it in my Lowers Speaker Pods.
Mike U.
Wish they made a controller with a usb port. This will be fine for now. I'll jam polyfill in there when I get my grills. For now I'm leaving it be and running the speakers naked. Sounds just fine at 70mph. And when I put the RG nose on it these will be secondary to the fairing speakers.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Wish they made a controller with a usb port. This will be fine for now. I'll jam polyfill in there when I get my grills. For now I'm leaving it be and running the speakers naked. Sounds just fine at 70mph. And when I put the RG nose on it these will be secondary to the fairing speakers.
Bro I listed to Your System on The YouTube with ear buds and it sounds terrific.
I can't wait to see that Three Wheeler with a Shark Nose.
It'll definitely be One of a Kind.
Mike U

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Using a galaxy s10+ I'd benefit from some kind of EQ I'm sure. And suggestions on an app? Not sure if my phone itself has separate settings.
Sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
462 Posts
So are you using Bluetooth to play through? In my experience obviously a wired connection is better. I will do some looking around for ideas to connect. No expert but I do quite a bit with sound equipment. Poly fill typically will change your bass response on a subwoofer system so should change. Bit with your setup. No poly fill and the bass is usually crisper if that makes sense. If getting vibration could try Dyna mat on the inside of the pod. Hope this helps some.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
John, hopefully I am not wasting your time with this as I am not sure of your whole setup. But look at this controller it has a rear USB input so i would think it would do what you are trying to do.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-JBLPRV175-JBL-Marine-Bluetooth-AM-FM-USB-3-5-aux-round-mount-/323795072574

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John, hopefully I am not wasting your time with this as I am not sure of your whole setup. But look at this controller it has a rear USB input so i would think it would do what you are trying to do.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-JBLPRV175-JBL-Marine-Bluetooth-AM-FM-USB-3-5-aux-round-mount-/323795072574

I looked at that and immediately dismissed it because of the amount of wires I had to try to hide. But didnt notice it had USB. Mounting it on the bars makes it a challenge to not see a huge amount of wiring.

Never a waste of time. Thanks for pointing that one out. When I put the RG fairing on the need will go away. I'll have a head unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts