Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 5'10 running a 14 inch wind splitter.. I am fine but my wife is getting beat up.. Being that she is sitting higher than I am.. Any idea on how much taller it would need to be . Or maybe a thread that has already covered this? Just a pic of bike , that has the old screen on it.. Thinking about a taller version for the two up riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Your easiest way to remedy this is get a shorter wife. Beyond that, you are out of luck. A full face helmet would be your best bet if you keep this taller wife.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is only 5'6 its the seat that puts here taller HA HA funny though.. I do wear a full face as well.. She is not a fan of them and will wear a std helmet with screen . But the wind is pretty bad back there. I lent the bike out to a buddy and his girl is appox same height and she hated it as well.. Just looking for options..

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Your easiest way to remedy this is get a shorter wife. Beyond that, you are out of luck. A full face helmet would be your best bet if you keep this taller wife.
LOL
That is funny right there.
Swomack

·
Super Moderator
1,817 Posts
MadStad is what it took to actually fix the same issue for us.
+1. Madstad is the only way to go for touring with the wife, keep the cool looking one for around town and the solo missions.

Comfort first, looks second for the long haul.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I actually have a Corbin seat which seats much lower for the rider and the passenger. Elaine never complains about the wind at all. I run the Windvest 12" and now that I have the Corbin seat, I might put the 10" back on it and try it again. Makes it nice that I own both

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Steve I have a 14" Windvest that worked well when the better half rode 2up with me. We no longer need it with her having her own Roadie. She is 5'7" btw. While not being a Madstad, I think you will find the design of the Windvest to be better for you than the Windsitter.

I will dig it out if you want to give it a try. Been needing a reason to get by your shop anyhow.

Correction, the one I have is a 12".

·
Registered
654 Posts
Do some searches for buffeting on this forum. You will find consensus is MadStad.

·
Registered
498 Posts
My wife is 5'10" and had the same problem. I ran through two or three different shields before I ended up with a 16 inch madstad. No issues now. We can run 90+ and she doesn't complain

·
Registered
336 Posts
Had the exact same issue. My wife is 5'2, and with the RGU seat, she was getting hammered on the back by the wind, even with the barn door stock RGU shield. Got myself the 13in Madstad, and no more complaints. When it comes to wind management, it is hands down the way to go.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm pretty much my OL's Windshield she says, but I hear +2 inches more on your FS should do the trick.. Call John and ask IMO

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I am 5'10 running a 14 inch wind splitter.. I am fine but my wife is getting beat up.. Being that she is sitting higher than I am.. Any idea on how much taller it would need to be . Or maybe a thread that has already covered this? Just a pic of bike , that has the old screen on it.. Thinking about a taller version for the two up riding.

I wasn't aware the windsplitter was available in 14" height. Only 9, 12 and 15".

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts