Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to move my 2013 RG via trailer from Wilmington DE area to Windsor Ont Canada.
will use professionals so suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Need this done asap.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Need to move my 2013 RG via trailer from Wilmington DE area to Windsor Ont Canada.
Need this done asap.
A couple of my buddies have used the company HOG lists and have been happy with the whole experience. I have no personal experience with them.

They do ship into Canada, discounts for HOG members.
Federal Motorcycle Transport - Harley Davidson Motorycle Shipping

- Dave

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have used Federal once they picked up and delivered as promised. As a specialty company they have the proper equipment to move your bike

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Just a thought, Its a quick ride. Why not ride it out and fly back? Probably just as much as shipping it! I live in Detroit and have ridden to Ny in 5 hrs thru Canada. So it's not inconceivable. a quick glance at google maps shows either 11 hrs thru Canada or 10 thru Pennsylvania and Ohio. looks like a nice weekend jaunt.

·
Registered
92 Posts
just a thought, its a quick ride. Why not ride it out and fly back? Probably just as much as shipping it! I live in detroit and have ridden to ny in 5 hrs thru canada. So it's not inconceivable. A quick glance at google maps shows either 11 hrs thru canada or 10 thru pennsylvania and ohio. Looks like a nice weekend jaunt.
road trip!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a thought, Its a quick ride. Why not ride it out and fly back? Probably just as much as shipping it! I live in Detroit and have ridden to Ny in 5 hrs thru Canada. So it's not inconceivable. a quick glance at google maps shows either 11 hrs thru Canada or 10 thru Pennsylvania and Ohio. looks like a nice weekend jaunt.
Trading her in so i dont want to put the extra miles on it

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Have the dealer set up the shipping. Any damage would be on them.
Now that sounds like a plan. If you're trading it in, the dealer network sounds like the safest choice. I'm surprised the dealer you're trading with didn't suggest that. I assume you're buying from ane dealer and another dealer is buying yours?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its all pretty complicated so ill do my best to explain.
I'm Canadian working in the USA.
I want to trade my ride in on a 2017.
Because of this I have to purchase the new bike from a dealer in Canada.
USA Dealer does not want to set up shipping cause they dont gain anything by it and the whole customs thing.
pretty sure I can work this out...might have to make a few more calls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
shipping

Need this done asap.
ride it, its 9 hours? don't think an extra 600 miles will hurt your trade, does the bike have high miles.
your problem will be if your in a hurry , your gonna have to pay... if you have time and are flexible you can find reasonable shipping, go to u ship or other shippers, somebody will ship it reasonably. but if your paranoid about your bike, go with a high end guy and be done. I would just ride it.bill

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ride it.

I agree... an extra 1,000 miles is not a deal breaker. A professional mover could cost you well over $800(USD) if they bring it thru customs and deliver it to "Thunder Road Harley".

Sounds like you have not made the deal yet and they have not seen you bike. Again a few extra miles means little. You could always rent a U-Haul trailer or a buddies 1/2 ton.

How were you planning on getting the new bike back to Washington? If you live in the States for work... why not buy one down there... you have a green card and a residence?

I know they say... they cant sell new to Canadians... but there are a few ways of getting around that :)

Good Luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts