18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old lady has a hard time on the back of my bike
when I hope on the highway . Looking for a windshield
that looks good but works.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Please update your signature with the bike you own so we can better answer your question.

I personally have a couple Long Ride Shields for my Road Glide. I have found them to have the best prices and if you sign up for their emails you will be alerted to sales.

I have a 10" Thresher in dark tint and a 16" thresher in medium tint. The 16" works great with a passenger but the rider better have a long torso or be sitting on a taller seat like the corbin dual tour. I will probably pick up a 13" in dark tint.

https://longrideshields.com/collections/2015

I went to their website so I could provide the link to you and they are having a sale today. Just ordered a 13" dark tint Stingray.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Call John at Freedom shields. High quality and great performance. He'll set you up if it's possible. Maybe a set of lowers would help too.
I had lowers and a 14" LRS on my 09. Now I have lowers and a 13" Freedom on my 15. Both setups worked well, but the shorter Freedom is superior quality. Costs more too.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
My better half said she liked my LRS 13” Stingray when she rides two up with me.

I have a 10” LRS Stingray as well for solo riding and I dig it for solo springtime and summertime riding.

Just my two cents

My sig picture is with the medium tint 13” LRS Stingray.

Swomack

·
Registered
80 Posts
14"(?) Klockworks Flare....Dark tint...i am 5'8" and the wife is 5"9"... we used to be bobbleheads with the stock screen and now we are both comfortable.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
14"(?) Klockworks Flare....Dark tint...i am 5'8" and the wife is 5"9"... we used to be bobbleheads with the stock screen and now we are both comfortable.
The Klock Werk Sportflair works great as long as your bike doesn’t have apes.

If you have apes you will hit this shield and you can’t lock the neck up

Swomack

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 14 inch smoked sport Klock works I'll sell you. I have apes and didn't like it. I had it on for two weeks and went with the freedom shield. PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Long Ride Shields

I have used Harley, Clock werks and Long Ride Shields. For the money can't beat LRS. Go with the 14 to 16" or tallest available in new recurve. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Call John at Freedom shields. High quality and great performance. He'll set you up if it's possible. Maybe a set of lowers would help too.
I had lowers and a 14" LRS on my 09. Now I have lowers and a 13" Freedom on my 15. Both setups worked well, but the shorter Freedom is superior quality. Costs more too.
Agree, John is great and he’lol talk you through everything. I knew I wanted to keep it a little shorter, but his advice is spot on. I also greatly appreciate being able to talk to a real human and support the small business.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yo SWO! sorry...couldn't help it....i have 14" Vindikta bars now, and they do not touch my screen at all...never been an issue...my bars are in line with my forks, though, as i am shorter and need the pullback. You are taller so yourbrs may be more forward. it's working for this short guy...5'8" over here :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts