Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 RGS and want to paint the dash, but I cant find the paint code for "2015" Vivid Black, I have found a couple of numbers, but which ine is correct I have no idea, PPG preferrably

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
I used a spray bomb from Advanced auto to paint my dash. In direct sunlight, it's a little more muddy than the vivid black , but other than that it's pretty close

Attachments

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The PPG Code for Harley Vivid Black is 9850.
Has been for many years.
Mike U.

PPG code 9850
True enough but it won't have the Vivid Black muddy appearance of the newer "Vivid Black". It changed somewhere around 09. Mikes Hawg Paint just did a fairing for me and I assure you it was not 9850. Not trying to start an argument but I've been down this road twice with my 2013 and my "Vivid Black" is not 9850. If you put a light on the bike and it doesn't look black anymore, it's not 9850.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Damn Gary, that looks great!!! I feel like an idiot now for all I just went through this winter to fix my powdercoated dash. :crying:
Thanks, came out great . Base/clear. About $ 6 bucs a can. :)

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
True enough but it won't have the Vivid Black muddy appearance of the newer "Vivid Black". It changed somewhere around 09. Mikes Hawg Paint just did a fairing for me and I assure you it was not 9850. Not trying to start an argument but I've been down this road twice with my 2013 and my "Vivid Black" is not 9850. If you put a light on the bike and it doesn't look black anymore, it's not 9850.

No argument with you Brother, I was just informing the OP of the PPG code that I know of.
On the other hand Mike advised me to have him paint my fender with the pre 09 Vivid Black as mentioned because it looked much better then the newer version that comes out muddier when it cures.
I had him do it the way he suggested and the fender came out awesome.
The OP should PM Mike and see what he has to say.
Mike U.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts