Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting from up north.
2015 Black RG Standard - purchased new tour pack addition.
Of course HD doesn't sell you the tour pack with the taillight installed. According to my dealer I can purchase the $300 taillight and another $600 or so for the install/wiring....... if I had them do it. I'm thinking that's not going to happen.
Of course the new tour pack has to be cut, etc to accept the HD taillight, so I hesitate to do it myself, even though I do a lot of my own wrenching. Not sure the wiring (connecting) plugs are even there on the standard model.
Sooooooo, I'm in search of a high-end led (running) light that could be used and installed in good taste without ruining the looks of the unit. Haven't found one yet that seems to fit that area decently, of good design. Any ideas out there are welcome !!
Maybe it's not a light ....maybe some other form of trim or decoration. I simply know the back end of a black tour pack, without the taillight or trim looks very plain........ Thanks !

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Your right, lacks alot and BS about cutting it up

I've never have currently or in the past have had on any bikes
If you seen our Beverly hillbilly style you'd know

I'd least piggy into the tail/brake light

Painer tape off for two strips leds the back length
rough n stick em n wire one to each^

·
Registered
986 Posts
You could always go with the LED spoiler kit if they make one for the new pak. I had one years ago & I thought it was badass. Run & brake light is incorporated into it so it reall helped out with visibility from the rear.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have the color matched spoiler light, and I like the fact it puts some light higher up in the rear. But yeah still have a big red box back there. I have been thinking about maybe some sort of reflective decal back there if I could find something not too tacky and to my liking.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Look on ebay get the aftermarket led light around $100, do a search on here for the install and it had the list for the wiring from HD for about $100 and you can do the install yourself in about 2 hours and it makes it a run, turn, brake light looks just like the light on the new tour pack. PM me if you can't find it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I kinda like the look of a plain tour pak. When I had mine repainted we removed the antenna mounts and filled the holes. The only thing showing on the back is the light bars on the bottom sides.

I think if I was going to add more lights to the rear I'd put a run/brake light bar on the rear face of the detachable mounting bracket so it'd be under the tour pak.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have gotten a couple of pm's about the parts list I used for the ebay lights so I thought I would list it here
Molex pin housing #72478-07Bk
Seal Plug #72473-07
Module Harness #69911-11
Six way AMP pin housing #7306-96BK
Y Harness #70933-10
6 Molex terminal pins #72169-07 (maybe get a few extra just in case)
Download the Hd Tour-Pak LED Light kit instructions #67931-11 from the HD website and follow the instructions, take care about the location of the ground wiring on the LED lights if you get them in the wrong spot it does weird stuff (don’t ask me how I know, LOL)

I used the antenna holes to line up the lights, wrapped the tour pack in blue painters tape and pressed the bolts in the lights into the tape to mark the spots to drill. After i got the end holes and wiring hole drilled I put in the screw on the end and used them to mark the 4 holes on the sides of the tour pack. Take your time and be careful but it's not a hard upgrade and using the HD wiring sets them up as run, turn, brake lights.

Hope this helps everyone.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have gotten a couple of pm's about the parts list I used for the ebay lights so I thought I would list it here
Molex pin housing #72478-07Bk
Seal Plug #72473-07
Module Harness #69911-11
Six way AMP pin housing #7306-96BK
Y Harness #70933-10
6 Molex terminal pins #72169-07 (maybe get a few extra just in case)
Download the Hd Tour-Pak LED Light kit instructions #67931-11 from the HD website and follow the instructions, take care about the location of the ground wiring on the LED lights if you get them in the wrong spot it does weird stuff (don’t ask me how I know, LOL)

I used the antenna holes to line up the lights, wrapped the tour pack in blue painters tape and pressed the bolts in the lights into the tape to mark the spots to drill. After i got the end holes and wiring hole drilled I put in the screw on the end and used them to mark the 4 holes on the sides of the tour pack. Take your time and be careful but it's not a hard upgrade and using the HD wiring sets them up as run, turn, brake lights.

Hope this helps everyone.
Wow, That's more than I can ask for but then again, electrical is not my best suit. Much Appreciated !

·
Registered
605 Posts
It really wasn't hard, most of it is plug and play, the hardest part is crimping the end on the wires from the lights everything else is done already from harley, a little scary drilling the holes but take your time and you'll be ok

1 - 13 of 13 Posts