Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a set of the screens for the front brembo brake calipers. the ones that came stock on my bike are the chrome ones, but, i would be perfectly happy with the stock stainless ones as i am going to paint them black anyway.

so if anyone has a set lying around, let me know what you want for them.

thanks....

·
Registered
684 Posts
Or use that plastic dip coating everyone is always raving about. Then you could just peel it back off to chrome if you where ever so inclined...and you wouldn't need to have spare parts laying around.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess i wasn't too clear in my op. I don't have the original chrome ones anymore. I hit a deer on the way to work one morning and guess the impact blew them off the bike. so, I need to replace them. and joker, just for reference, my original chrome ones I did spray with plasti dip. looked and worked great.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I guess i wasn't too clear in my op. I don't have the original chrome ones anymore. I hit a deer on the way to work one morning and guess the impact blew them off the bike. so, I need to replace them. and joker, just for reference, my original chrome ones I did spray with plasti dip. looked and worked great.
I have some painted black already I’ll send you. PM me your address.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
scratch,

How did the Plasti Dip hold up on the old screens? Thinking about doing it to mine. Was a little worried about it clogging up the holes when sprayed on.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did it about 8 months ago. it isn't so thick that it clogged up the holes in the screen, and it held up well. to clean the brake dust after having done it, i would just rinse them in a bucket of soapy water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts