Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second stock unit is starting to crap out but it's got a lot of hours on it so I won't complain. Who's got a stock head unit sitting on a shelf in the garage or shed collecting dust that they're willing to get rid of for cheap money? I know I could get an aftermarket unit that would perform better, but I'm looking for a real quick plug-n-play swap on a stock unit as I've got an upcoming trip and want to make a quick swap so I have music for that trip.

PM me if you have one you want to get rid of.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
My second stock unit is starting to crap out but it's got a lot of hours on it so I won't complain. Who's got a stock head unit sitting on a shelf in the garage or shed collecting dust that they're willing to get rid of for cheap money? I know I could get an aftermarket unit that would perform better, but I'm looking for a real quick plug-n-play swap on a stock unit as I've got an upcoming trip and want to make a quick swap so I have music for that trip.

PM me if you have one you want to get rid of.
Why not send it to Iron Cross. they do a pretty good job of repairing them and making preventive repairs. Did one for me that lasted until the bike was gone.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
If I can find the one I took out of my 09 I will send it to you. My only problem is I don't remember what he hell I did with it when I took it out

·
Administrator
12,638 Posts
I have the same problem as rlaf75, I know that I have one from my 10 in the garage or attic somewhere.

Reactions: Oclaf and rlaf75

·
Registered
83 Posts
I may have one off of a 2014 Ultra Glide (batwing). Will it fit?

·
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have one off of a 2014 Ultra Glide (batwing). Will it fit?
I haven't dug into which years are the same. What I can tell you is that mine is strictly a radio and CD player - no Nav, no anything else.
Why not send it to Iron Cross. they do a pretty good job of repairing them and making preventive repairs. Did one for me that lasted until the bike was gone.

Actually, I didn't realize they did repairs, but the real issue there is time. We're doing a 4 day trip to the panhandle area for a "Meet and Greet" and leaving here on the 15th., so I was trying to find a quick plug/play replacement so I could have music for that trip. Thanks for that info though.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
I have the same problem as rlaf75, I know that I have one from my 10 in the garage or attic somewhere.
Its just one of those things that you don't think you'll ever need anymore so you stick it out of the way somewhere and forget about it until something like this happens lol

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
I haven't dug into which years are the same. What I can tell you is that mine is strictly a radio and CD player - no Nav, no anything else.
I highly doubt the radio from the 14 will fit your bike. That is the first year of the Rushmore bikes and the radios are completely different

·
Registered
2013 Road Glide Ultra FLTRU
222 Posts
I have one from a 2013 RG Ultra, let me know if it will work and you pay shipping

·
Registered
2012 big blue pearl r.g. custom,chris rivas 574 cams. Rinehart extreme 4" RSD air cleaner barrnett c
45 Posts
Fuzz, iron cross is on east coast so the shipping is going to be fast .I would call and see if they have one on the shelf done and do a exchange. They put a blue tooth mod in mine and changed color of face got it back pretty quick

·
Registered
2013 Road Glide Ultra FLTRU
222 Posts
@Uncle Fuzzy if you want it , she's yours. Just send me a message and we will exchange info so we can see home much shipping will cost

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I have 2 of the Harmon Karden head units in storage but I don't think that the CD player works.
If you can't find anything let me know and I can ship you one.
I also have a Aquatic AV head unit. It's the older Aquatic AV MP5 but it is a plug and play unit for 1998 to 2013 Harleys

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
You guys just reminded me I have to send out my back up for repair to iron cross myself.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,749 Posts
Iron Cross fixed my stereo 1.5 years ago (and take a year off for winter months not riding), and the BT they added just died. Emailed them, they asked what I connected it to and did I check the fuse? Replied - fuses are good, I connected to their plug they supplied - now I haven't heard back in days.

·
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Uncle Fuzzy if you want it , she's yours. Just send me a message and we will exchange info so we can see home much shipping will cost
That's a deal I can't refuse. Thank you for your offer. I'll PM you the shipping info.

Reactions: JVell

·
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you everyone. JVell had one and knew right where it was so I accepted his generous offer. I appreciate the responses/offers. Been riding for 56 years and never had music on a bike until I got this RG 10 years ago. Now I can't stand the thought of doing 4 days of serious riding without having music!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts